75 Gallon

Martin76

What is everyone's favorite brand of tank? I'm thinking I want it reef ready with overflows and pre drilled. I currently have a 29 gallon and I am planning on upgrading to a 75 gallon tank.

I started with a 75 and it was just a plain tank. No overflows or drill holes. Started with just a hang on back filter. Worked great. Then I took that off because I wanted to upgrade to a sump so I put on a hang on back overflow and that worked just fine. I think the overflow would take up too much room in a 75. I have seen them with overflows and its not much room they take up, but for me, I always want as much room in there as possible. I never had enough room in the 75. Had to upgrade to a 220.

Drilling a standard 75 for a low profile/ghost overflow would maximize your floor space and you can run a BA drain.

I drilled my 75 put a ghost overflow and bean animal drain. I love it and even when i do an upgrade i will not be getting what they like to call reef ready. I will do a similar set up as i have now except do a coast to coast. I don't like the big overflow boxes from the bottom to the top of the tank and i think the bean animal is the only way to go. Hard to do that when they only put 2 holes in those bottom drilled tanks.

Back