75 gpd RO system

a1.gaz

Hi I've just bought a new RO system and as I am new to this hobby I'm not sure if the speed of the water is correct. I would appreciate anybody watching my video and giving their opinion.
Thanks in advance

I see no video... Or did you post it to your page?
From what I've read (I'm a novice), your output rate should be less that your input rate.
IMO, the ratio is dependent on your local water quality. As long as the output TDS= 0, then your ratio is fine.
For my RODI, my output rate is only slightly less than my waste rate, and still produces 0 TDS. The waste water is over 700ppm

Having real trouble posting the video but basically doing the calculations that came with the instructions I'm only getting 30 GPD off a 75 GPD unit. Could it be a fault with the unit or is it something I'm doing wrong?
Thanks

Are you using a TDS meter to confirm purity of water?
Adjust flow rate of 'good' output until TDS steps off zero. Then dial back until it's zero again. Trying to match Mfg rating is like trying to achieve factory mileage in a vehicle. Too many variables that affect the end result.

End of the day, you want to have an optimum output rate to get maximum lifespan from your filters.

My TDS meter is reading 000 so that's the good part, the bad part is the length of time its taking to produce the water :-(

I'm running a BRS 5 Stage RO/DI with TDS meter. My normal water pressure is 69-72. Depending on if anyone else, is using water in the home.

You should get a nice easy flow (sometimes flow with trickle) but don't expect it always to come out really quick. Normally, it takes me 1.25 hours to fill a 5 gallon plastic water jug.

Sounds dirty but that's how it should be :)

If your water pressure is low, you could purchase a booster unit.

^^ I think I have close to the same flow rate. I only mix one gallon at a time, but it takes about 10-15 minutes to fill that level.

Back