75g Stand Strength

Pearson

I bought this stand and tank for $60 so I wasn't too worried about changing things around. I've already drilled the tank and I was trying to figure out what I wanted as a sump and since I follow the "fit the biggest you can" method, I found a 40B. I had no way of fitting it in through the door, top, or back. I cut the two center braces out to fit the tank in. After the tank was in I placed the braces back to see if they would fit but the top trim of the 40B pushes it out about 1/4".

I didn't make the stand so I don't really know how it's made. I don't see any screws and I can't take it apart without cutting it apart so I don't know what to do.

Here's how the stand looked before the sump:
UrahLmY.jpg

After the sump is in:
NB2zZwS.jpg

Couple more angles:
XZzbe82.jpg

sN81IgI.jpg

My question is, do I need to reinforce the stand since I took some pieces off or will it hold the tank/canopy? I don't know how I would reinforce the stand but i'm open to ideas. I'm hoping the pieces I cut out didn't really support anything and it's not a big deal. I enjoy having an open back.

Thanks for any help/input.

I would add back the middle supports since you don't know the quality or how it was built, if it was over built or built differently you could go without the center supports for sure

You can add 45degree supports from the supports on each side to the center of the tank, or you can add a 2x4 on the front center mounted with heavy duty brackets. Many different ways to go at it. Anoth option is adding 3/4 plywood to the bottom of the display and adding small 45 degree supports from the main stud to top, this is however overbuilding, which can give peace of mind to some

I would add back the middle supports since you don't know the quality or how it was built, if it was over built or built differently you could go without the center supports for sure

I would add them back but the 40B is too wide for them to fit in their previous place. They are pushed out about 1/4"-1/2".

You can add 45degree supports from the supports on each side to the center of the tank, or you can add a 2x4 on the front center mounted with heavy duty brackets. Many different ways to go at it. Anoth option is adding 3/4 plywood to the bottom of the display and adding small 45 degree supports from the main stud to top, this is however overbuilding, which can give peace of mind to some

I like the idea of the 45 degree supports from the side to the center.

How would the 3/4" plywood and 45 degree supports help since it's just the top that's supported?

Back