75G Stocking Ideas/Help Please!

tylr9m482

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of restocking my 75G mixed reef with fish after a nasty encounter with ICH. The tank has been up and running about 4 years and is mainly LPS and softie dominate with a few smaller SPS frags and a large montipora colony. I was thinking of the below list of new fish to add after the tank has been empty of fish since May! I removed my infected fish to a QT but unfortunately none of them made a full recovery. :sad2:

1. Yellowhead Jawfish -(I have an enclosed lid, I know they are jumpers!)
2. Coral Beauty -(Okay with the "reef safe" aspect)
3. Diamond Goby
4. Starry Blenny
5. Leopard Wrasse -(Very healthy population of pods in both the refugium and main display for this fish to feed on)
6. Yellow Tang
7. Magnificent Foxface
8. Lyretail Anthias

That would be the final and full stock list. I am hoping to just hear some feedback if you think this would work for a tank like mine and if there is anything I should be careful of. I am most curious about the foxface since I have never had any poisonous fish before.

Thank you!

Looks good to me,not sure about the FF, sand bed for the gobies, the YT would have out grown the 75g in a few years, the Anthias, just one, you know the CB thing, good luck.

Thanks! Plenty of established sand for the diamond to feed off and the jawfish to burrow in. No issue for me to trade in the yellow tang once it starts to out grow my 75G at my LFS and yes, just one anthias, I'd like 3 to make a mini school but not sure my tank can handle the extra two fishes bioload.

I found with multiple Anthias that they just fight.
First go the weaker
Had one for years no problems

Similar to my 75.

Female blue star leopard
Female divided leopard
Swallowtail angel
Coral beauty angel
Skunk clownfish
Starry blenny

Sounds like I will be keeping it to one Anthias for two reasons now!

Does anyone have any experience with the foxface in a 75G, I would be looking for a smaller fish but am a little concerned if there will be enough space with the other tank mates or if I am pushing the envelope too far! Also anything to know specifically when putting my hands in the tank for cleaning and coral placement/propagation?

Thanks again for the input.

Back