75gal SPS with pics

Reefun

Thought I would start a tank thread for my 75 sps tank. The first corals were put in about three months ago. But most have been added in the last 6-8 weeks. Feel free to ask questions or add comments.

75gal Display
40gal Breeder sump
Coral life skimmer (for now I want to upgrade)
Tek 8 bulb T5 lighting
2 pump Aqua Medic doser

About a month or so after setting up
IMG_3428.jpg

Pic from about three days ago
IMG_4210.jpg

To keep track of growth and progress I will do my best to post pics of every coral in the tank.

looks nice and clean.
I liked your aquascaping in your first pic better as it was more open and less cluttered. It's hard to tell from the pics, but it seems that you added more rocks in the second pic?

Thanks for the kind words

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13642059#post13642059 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Santoki
looks nice and clean.
I liked your aquascaping in your first pic better as it was more open and less cluttered. It's hard to tell from the pics, but it seems that you added more rocks in the second pic?

I liked it better in the first pic as well but I really wanted more room for coral and that was why I added more rock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13642200#post13642200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishboarder
how were you able to fit 8 bulbs over a 75? I barely fit 6 over mine. good looking tank though.

The Tek T5 8 bulb fixture is about half a inch wider than a 75 but you can't really tell.

IMG_3866.jpg

I had seen pics of this coral for a while with a caption saying it looks better in person you just can’t get the glow to show up in a pic. And I agree this is one of my favorite corals in my tank and it just keeps getting better.

Setosa
IMG_4064.jpg

I've got a coralife 65 skimmer running on my 75g. I've got great growth and great color. I think they do a great job. Personally, I wouldn't worry about upgrading, see how it works for you. But, you didn't say what size you have.

I would like to upgrade my skimmer (coralife 65) because I could put the one I have now on my 40gal frag tank I'm working on and I am thinking of pluming in a 40 cube to the sump of the 75. If I do that I would have about 150 gal in the system. I think a bigger skimmer would be a good idea for that much water.

Light for now from back to front
Super actinic
ATI Blue +
Fiji purple
Ati Blue special (12K)
Don't remember actinic
Ati Blue special (12K)
Ati Blue+
super actinic
I will be changing out the super actinics and the middle actinic for three more of the Blue +. I want more of a 20K look but for now I'm getting really good growth so I don't want to change them out until my frags are more like small colonies

I will get some more pics from different angles latter today I do agree that in the two pics my first aquscaping job looks better but I have a long list of corals I want and I just didn't have the room I wanted in the first aquscape. I really think as things grow out it will look better and better. And it has more of a shape to it than you can see in that pic.

Thanks I really don't like sand in my tanks. I am planing on adding a RDSB for help with nitrates. I don't have any nitrate problems but it would make me feel better.

Back