800 gallon Reef system going Fowler

Gavriley06

Long time reefer and professional aquarium tech/koi pond I guess you would say. Been maintaining aquariums and koi ponds for 7 years now in St Louis and running a retail store for several of the 7 now. Well between busy personal life like most and busy work life I'm in the end stage of converting my pride and joy 4 year mature 10' 500 gallon reef with 300 gallon acrylic basement sump to a much simpler Fowler and am ready to start adding many more fish very soon. Reason I am here, we as a business rarely if ever install fish only tanks and we specialize in Reefs. My knowledge of many of the fowler fish temperaments are limited along with compatibility. I am focusing on butterflies, more angels (dwarf and non), a school of larger fish (gold pilots or similar). All the coral is sold and removed and tank looks beyond empty now so ready to start ordering fish!

Fish now doing great no additions in 6ish months.

14" Vlamingi
7-8" sailfin
2x 4-5" purple tangs
6" clown tang
6" hippo
4" white tail bristletooth
6" bicolor foxface
6" chocolate tang
4" hybrid scopas
6" Aussie tusk
5" emperor angel
4" blueface angel
5" male swallowtail angel
3' zebra morray
14" dwarf golden morray
6" jawfish
Pair bangai cardinals
4" tobacco basslet
10 year old green mandarin
Christmas wrasse
Sixline wrasse

●I would like to add several butterflies
●Perhaps 3-4 golden pilot fish or other larger body schoolers to start on smaller size since they eat voraciously
●open to input for other good additions.

So far I love the looks of
Sunset butterfly
Copperband
Saddleback butterfly
Golden pilot fish

Looking for lots of input on what else to add or stay away from, my filtration is up for most any bioload and I have been dosing nopox for couple years so have alot of space for livestock. I am fine with removing my mandarin if needed and move him to our bathroom small reef tank.

Wait, what, you’re in the Lou? Where and what store? I’m born and raised here and been in the hobby since 1986.

Would love to see pics of your tank.

maybe a little group of dwarf angels potters bi color flame i have seen 4 flames in a reef tank aswell something to look at great selection of fish to pick from

Back