80G Sps Tank

DENIZSEAMAR

Hi, Here is my Sps reef tank. It is a 2 months old tank. Actually it is renovated . Lights, stand, sump , sand and all rocks were thrown and new ones used in this tank. And few new items were added. So it isnot wrong to say new setup. :)

Equipment List:

Tank: 100*50*50 cm Extra clear glass
Sump: 80*50*45 cm standart glass
ATO: 10G Acrylic Tank
Light: ATI 6*39W Dimmable Sunpower
P.Skimmer: Tunze 9410
Circulation: 1*Tunze 6055+2*Tunze 6045+1*Tunze 6015
Pump: Aquarium Systems Newjet 2300
Reactors: TLF 150 Phosphate , YY Kalkstirrer (2.7 Liters)
Dosing Pump: Reef Royal Aquatics with 3 pumps
Chiller: Resun CL450 with Newjet 1000 pump (using with TLF 150 Reactor)
Controller: Neptune APEX Computer, additional AFS ,Breakoutbox and Lunar Module(5*Leds) <<< not yet connected.---- Milwakuee Refractometer
Salt: Aquarium Systems Reef Crystals

Fish:
6* Lyretail Anthias
10* Blue/Green Chromis
2* Yellow Watchman Goby
1* Lubbock's Wrasse
1* Bangaii Cardinal
1* Orchid Fridmani

CUC:
15* Conches
5 Snails
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab

Corals:

2 Acropora Sp.
2 Millepora Sp.
5 Montipora Sp.
( Several frags of those corals) All corals came as 3-4 cm frags and grew in this tank and fragged

I know I have a lot of fishes. But it is my friend's fault. He asked for favor . He needed temporary home for few chromis and Anthias but not yet he has built his tank :( Soon they will be at their new original place :)
Feeding them heavily causes me PITA in terms of nuisance algae in my new tank.

There will be few changes. I will get bigger return pump to use with chiller and Phosphate reactors. So I will put more rocks in my sump . Now they are all rubbles. And need probe holder. But No penny left in my pocket :)

Here are photos.

mtwoe1.jpg

3151tfb.jpg

24mxdes.jpg

tonymission

80G Sps Tank

Nice rock work -- tank looks great -- but do I understand that right? You have 15 fighting conchs? Seems like not enough sand for all of them.

DENIZSEAMAR

Nice rock work -- tank looks great -- but do I understand that right? You have 15 fighting conchs? Seems like not enough sand for all of them.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I dunno what they are. But they dont bury themselves , but other 5 snails bury themselves. I can put more sand if needed though.

tonymission

They probably aren't fighting conchs then. Those are pretty big and sometimes I think my 90g is a little small for the one conch I have.

madadi

ReefOG
they do look like them. they bury themselves like 10% of the time anyway. but they can eat a lot of algae. they have a big appetite. and you don't look like you have a lot of algae. I feed mine nori and I have 3 in a 90gallon. they have grown a little. I would tie some nori to some plastic and feed it to them at least once per week. nice set up!

DiscusHeckel

Acropora Gardener
Very promising set up. Keep up the good work.

I have three questions:

1. has kalkwasser had any impact on the impeller of your skimmer's pump (e.g. precipitation on the impeller)?

2. are you happy with the performance of your skimmer?

3. what is the water depth in the section of the sump in which the skimmer is situated?

Cheers

PS. The way you support your ATI unit worried me quite a bit. I guess you are not allowed to drill two small holes in your ceiling to suspend the unit over your tank? Alternatively, have you considered ATI's acrylic legs, which may also be available over there?

Last edited:

DENIZSEAMAR

Very promising set up. Keep up the good work.

I have three questions:

1. has kalkwasser had any impact on the impeller of your skimmer's pump (e.g. precipitation on the impeller)?

2. are you happy with the performance of your skimmer?

3. what is the water depth in the section of the sump in which the skimmer is situated?

Cheers

PS. The way you support your ATI unit worried me quite a bit. I guess you are not allowed to drill two small holes in your ceiling to suspend the unit over your tank? Alternatively, have you considered ATI's acrylic legs, which may also be available over there?

Thanks for your kind words. I havent seen any precipitation on my pump impeller yet. But Kalk reactor releases kalkwasser into a strong current that doesnt stay long in that skimmer chamber. But I will check it time to time.
My skimmer is working great. I am satisfied with its performance. No sound but great collection. It has few cons. For instance i had to put few acrylic layers to raise it. It Works great at a depth of 18 to 20 cm. The skimmer chamber is 27 cm high. But there is something I must mention. I am happy with Tunze 9410 , on the other hand my sump design helps it alot. Actually water doesnt have alot free place to skip skimmer pump. Drain pump release water just infront of skimmer pump from first sump chamber. Overall for 80 G tank it creates wonders for sure :)

ATI light fixture stands on 2 cm acrylic rods. Those rods were attached back glass of the tank with plastic screws. You know we are on earthquake line, I had to take care of it :)

DENIZSEAMAR

Update: I changed my return pump , Old one was NewJet 2300 , 550 gph. New one Newjet 4500, 1100 gph. Therefore drain pipe couldnt handle the flow :D I made DIY plumbing and added discharge section which is gonna feed phos rx and chiller later. And I put crushed coral aragonite in to sump . I am waiting for the system getting ready for new coral arrivals. :)

P.S. : There are few arrangements left in sump area. Relocation of cables and adding probe holder. Photos were taken before adjusting flows etc. And I am dosing kalkwasser and MgCl2 via dosing pump.

Attachments

• DSC01744.jpg
    DSC01744.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01747.jpg
    DSC01747.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0