840 v1.5 match tank size?

I need to order tonight before the TG sale goes off.

What is quieter? The alpha vertex or the ATB? I can't find a video of the v1.5 but the alphas are much quieter than the first generation of the ATB.

Cool, from the other thread going on these same two skimmers but the next step up in size you guys replied and liked the ATB as well. That pretty much made my mind up but I couldn't find a video on the ATB anywhere so I don't know how quiet it is.

It has to be quiet where the tank is. I'll go with the ATB then for sure. Thanks, mojo and Rwinfrey.

I just searched a few other places and the two threads I found the people use different pumps than the psk2500 that comes with it.

I don't want to buy another pump with the skimmer. I want to use what comes with it so it should be good. How in the world can a psk2500 at $100 compare to the red dragon at $625 or so?

This is what is catching me. Especially after both 840 v1.5 threads... one used eheim and another a airstar (if that's the correct name).

Crap. I missed the 10% by 2 minutes. Guess I'll just buy a replacement KSP5000 pump for the RS135. I had all the stuff typed in, too! Apparently they are ahead one hour.

Thanks.

I would go with the Vertex Alpha 170. Comes with a red dragon pump. All the issues are fixed with the new pinwheel and venturi. Didn't make much sense to me to buy a skimmer at the same price with a sicce pump as opposed to the red dragon. You can get one from premium for $585 shipped with the thanksgiving sale. Jeremy claims these are amazing skimmers. He has tested amolst all, if not all the skimmers on the market. I would take Jeremy's advice by giving him a call. Not knocking ATB, it is a great skimmer. Their customer service is top of the line. But I feel that it is not comparable to the 170 because of the red dragon pump.

Back