90 Gallon (a work in progress)

okaaaaaaay? One thing I can tell you is that you are going to get much grief for the Hippo in a 90g.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about what mistaflicksta said, the blind leading the blind, is not they way to go here.

That looks like a All Glass 90 ... I had a choice between that and the Marineland but could'nt decide if I liked the overflow in the center or the side.... how is that center overflow working for you?

anyway, my tanks a month younger, no coraline yet tho

I had a hippo in my 90 gal for over 3 years, went from 2" when i bought it to over 6" but got caught up in the rocks one morning!

Are you going to keep it a FOWLR or are you planning on adding some coral in the future?

I'm soooo jealous of the size of your tank......
I want one of those too!! :D

Best of luck and keep us posted

Ivan

It is an AGA. I think the overflow in the corner would be more ideal but I have been happy with this tank overall. It would be out of the way and free up some depth if it would be in the corner. Tough to see but I do have a some coral, red montipora, green slimer, frogspawn, some zoas, hammer, and a galaxia. Have plans to gradually add more including some pink birdsnest today or tomorrow.

I have to agree about the hippo tang getting too big for a 90 gallon. Drop the Hippo Tang now while its small because the bigger it gets the harder it will be to get a buyer or get your LFS to take it. You could get something like a Tomini or Kole if you must have a tang. Other than that, its a pretty good start. Enjoy it!

Looks good
+1 to everyone who said the Hippo tang will outgrow the tank. They are very active swimmers and need lots of room. There is a difference between surviving and thriving and a 90g just isn't fair to the fish.

Back