90 gallon build with basement fish room.

Doing the electrical, any ideas for special switches etc. so far all I have is a switched outlet for the water mixing station. Thought about a switch upstairs to turn off pump for feeding, but I can do that with apex.

This is pretty sweet, I 'm looking forward to seeing how this all works out. Also thinking about doing the same to my garage floor.

Doing the electrical, any ideas for special switches etc. so far all I have is a switched outlet for the water mixing station. Thought about a switch upstairs to turn off pump for feeding, but I can do that with apex.

I am no electrician, but if you have the room in your breaker box I would put in two 20a circuits to add a little redundancy.

yeah i should have elaborated the fish room has 3 circuits all 20 amp 2 dedicated in recipticles along the counter top. each 2 gang box will have a recepticle on a different circuit. the drain pump and mixing pump share a circuit and will install 4 recepticles behind the tank upstairs on diff circuit.

Hello everyone. Wanted to post some updates. Good news is this build is still on. Bad news is its slowww. We have a six month old, so finding time to work and make noise is hard. Anyways, to the pics. Thanks for looking.

Rodi holding tank and saltwater mixing station
43BB6179-BAFE-4678-B62A-13146E1EBC71.jpg

Hey man looks great. Im building a basment fish room as well. and you have given me some ideas thanks. Im tagging along to see the end product. im in lewisville NC about 2 hours

Hey guys wanted to post some updates. Getting really close!

Finished stand riser and light install.
5B80C199-E48D-4490-B3A7-FEEF9E1A8B4D.jpg

New overflow box.
021D2C24-BAFE-47FD-BFA5-17FAF339192B_1.jpg

Tank moved up after passing leak test.
13A3EC84-E9DF-43C3-A987-A89B276337E6.jpg

Return coming up from fish room
5045AB53-2C5D-4D54-813E-A43F7BD182F4.jpg

Looking very nice! Brings back memories of my fish room before the wife and I had kids. Someday I'll be able to mimic this setup again :)

Awesome setup! Sorry I am a newbie I amconsidering a basement filtration setup, pumped up to DT - can you explain your sump room setup for a rookie like me?

Lou

Looks like your making a lot of progress. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish this up. Subscribed and following.

Back