90 gallon mixed-reef build

tamn3

Hi everyone,

I'm starting a new project and I'm starting a website/blog about my 90 gallon mixed-reef build. Please visit my blog and I'll try to post regularly. I also have past projects on there such as my indoor pond, aquapod, and my favorite fish... my arowana.

[link removed]

Thanks,
tamn3

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry didnt mean to solicit.

Quick update. Finally finished my sump. Man was that a pain!!!! There's very little room to work with under the cabinet and I was trying to hard-plumb as much as I could. So I finally got the tank up, filled it with water for a test run and tried out my Maristar 48" light for the first time since I've purchased it back 2 months ago. Check it out.
IMG_1084.jpg

yes, one minor one on my return line. I used a hose clamp to tighten it up and all seems good now. I'm gonna let it run for the night and see how it goes.

BTW, I think my durso (spelling) overflow pipe is too low. Do you know what height it's suppose to be at? I can't seem to get the water level to where the rim is cause my overflow in the corner seems to be below that rim level. Don't want to waste too much pvc.

I don't know how to tune a Durso. You might want to look in the Reef Discussion forum, or someone here might add some comments.

looks good, I like the light. Can't wait to get mine going, waiting for the LFS to get my stand in, I am not talanted like many of the people here who build there own.

I just finished up my 90 gallon RR project last week, came out so nice, I can't seem to walk past it without stopping and starring at it. G/L with your 90.

The top of the durso should be even with the rim of the tank. I guess it doesn't really matter how high it is, but the lower the pipe, the more water will drain out of the tank when the power is off. Of course you want to make sure your sump can handle all of that without overflowing.

Finally got it all worked out. I guess my pump isn't strong enough for me to have the water level to the rim so I plugged up some of the overflow teeth. I shoulda bought something stronger. Thanks for the help.

Just started to fill and cycle the tank. The waiting games begin.

Back