90g MH Lighting Advice Needed

staninct

Zoanthid/SPS Killer
Hey guys thanks for looking. I am going to do a 90g mixed reef, like to try some SPS, bunch of LPS, softies, shrooms, zoos and clams. Question is, would 1 or 2 x 250w be best combined with 2x54w T5s? I'm looking at roughly a difference of 2.75w/gallon between the two. It breaks out to be 4w/gallon with one 250w and 6.75w/gallon with two 250w. I appreciate your input. By the way, I would wire the T5's myself into the canopy and use these for the halides.

i am setting up a 90 also a just got my mh for hellolights and i think you should check these out if you are going to retro fit. your hood can be shorter and you don;'t have a ll the heat in your hood from the ballest. if i am correct the ballest a are built into the reefstar pendent. i got two of these babies almost for the price of 1 reefstar. also you get xm bulb of choice for $20. also putting 2 vho 50/50's with them. this comes up to be about 6.33 watts per gallon and saves alot of money too. good luck with the new tank.

http://hellolights.com/arocu17rekit.html

Cool. The only thing I'd be concerned about is mounting them inside the canopy - the ad says that they should be away from water and evaporation...?

i talked to the guy at hello light and he said as long as they don't get splashed they would work fine at about 10" off the water.

Back