90g skimmer- asm g3 or tunze 9010?

easye123

soo since i got my 90g setup i need a skimmer..

i want to get an asmg3 but its footprint is huge..

im gonna DIY with the sump soo what kind of sump (space) do i need for the asmg3

if i steo up and pat like 60ish more bucks i can get the tunze 9010. should i do that .and just have normal skimmer space for it..

which should skime better on a 90g sps lps tank with lots of fish

I never used a Tunze but hear they are very good skimmers. i have a G3 and it works awesome, Figure on 11x12 to make it fit. If you do any mads recirc or gate valave that will involve more space. You can usually find a G3 for around $250:00
try here www.thatfishplace.com

what size sump would i need.. just something that is 13 inches at least with depth i guees then just make the baffle bigg enoug for like 12 inches or soo

I got my G3 in a 11x12 section of my 30 gallon sump and there aint a lot of spare room. Its in around 9 inches of water and I made a lexan table for the skimmer to sit on so its actually in around 7 inches. It works great dark, funky, skimate that makes you gag when you empty the cup.

I have used both Tunze and ASM skimmers. The ASM should produce darker, smellier skimmate. But, the Tunze pump is likely to last longer/be more reliable.

I am running a G2 on my 90 gallon tank and it produces nasty nasty stuff! I have been really happy with mine. I would suggest the gate valve mod since it allows you to really fine tune the skimmer (wetter vs. drier skimmate).

If you are considering a G3, for roughly the same height you can get a G4x with a sedra 9000! (hint: I wish I had upgraded my G2 before I got it)

Thinking of the G2 for my 90gal. It's rated for 150 gallons. Anyone else think the G3 is overkill for a 90?

ya it maybe be overkill but i doubt it.. the more the better.

ill prob get a tunze 9010 not 100 percent sure though.. i just dont wanna regret anything. ya know wat i mean

lol... ya im just tryin to find the best of the best for 330...

i started at a 150 ish price range.. then looked at asm's then just said to my self might as well step up more.. in the long wrong it will help. sooo the addiction took over

Back