911 busted seam

Mark/swnoob I thought I'd give you an update...

I turned on only my Reefbrite blue to see how pieces looked under a softer actinic light. I have optimism Mark. The pieces obviously show the stress of what they've gone through from the leak to lack of flow to being fragged on as they have and to be place in buckets with obvious parameter spikes and/or decline in Alk, Ca and pH and no light with different flow patterns then a two hour drive home and being moved back and forth while I had to move stuff around to create room (all in a 24 hr period). However, under the circumstances they're doing ok. I also went back a few hours later because I didn't like the scape so worked it until I was happier. Although they're brown, olive drab and of little color I can see PE on some and it's hard to see in the dim lighting PE on the others. Nothing rtn'd overnight and only one shows a little stn on a base edge and I'll be checking it more thoroughly after light come on at 11. Here's a rundown:

Pink Floyd - looks okay and promising, best of the bunch, shows some color and decent PE

Blue Gomezi - it's the one that has some stn, no color other then gray. Definitely the one that showing the most stress effect at this point

The rock with the last dragon and pink dragon look okay as well. No tissue loss at this time I can see but it's hard to tell without brighter light and all the white spots where it was cut on quite significantly. I'm very impressed it's alive.

The small rock you broke off the larger rock with a small AoA colony shows no recession but it's brown and under actinic I can see olive drab color and some pe

The RR frag I made from the large rock the above AoA colony was also growing on are completely brown, no pigment but alive.

The blue Navini piece is looking good...green base and I can see blue tips.

I will take pics at some point today so you can see for yourself but I do have reason for optimism.

I also want you to know Mark that if these do recover and I am able to or due to necessity frag any of these they will first be placed in Dave's outdoor system for regeneration of secondary colonies and after that only be handed out as freebies (I will not profit a $.01 on your unfortunate situation) or if I sell them the money will be paypalled to you either by me or the buyer directly to help in whatever rebuilding project you might do in the future or whatever, it belongs to you. That's quite a ways off but I want you to know now.

I also came to the rescue, almost all pieces are doing good. Some are missing a bit of flesh from the stress but are hanging in there, there was just one frag on a plug that didnt make it lost all its flesh over night. Most of them have polyp extension, hope all make it through. Thanks again mark, ill keep in touch.

Manny

Here's some pics

Last dragon, pink dragon
10dbbf64025b80bf9517a5831e7b24e2.jpg

Gomezi - I'm not confident
5d314b74aeb301b6a32db72d54232b58.jpg

AOA piece
6c887dc5a05d0a139f2d382005e754f8.jpg

RR frag brown one in center
e34c0489b58029731d21490fb4c2c041.jpg

Pink Floyd
d7456a7224c7699033945715a342e80c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks as if it's losing tissue from the top as well. You might have to cut top off if that's correct. You can dab a little glue on the cut areas. Did you dip it? It's definitely struggling

It looks as if it's losing tissue from the top as well. You might have to cut top off if that's correct. You can dab a little glue on the cut areas. Did you dip it? It's definitely struggling
Yea i think i am, i did not dip. Didnt want to stress it any more.

Manny

Ive been very busy and didnt have time to frag it, its almost completely gone. All other ones are doing great though polyp extension on all of them. Ill take some pics soon.

Manny

Sorry buddy if you had contacted me earlier that day I would have take all you corals and put it adown Jerrys or my tank or my friend tank that has a 300g sps ready empty for you if you still want to collect some and bring it there,more than happy to help you up tell your brother to save my number this time good luck 👍

Mark
Most of what you gave me are doing well so far. Although for the red dragon frags bleached out.

Picture was taken a couple days before the front right seam failed.

42751336935_6eaaf9816d_b.jpg

what it looked like by the time I made it home. I had my brother break off colonies and get them under water.

42771566135_bd6d8546da_b.jpg

The front right side did not show any signs that it was going to break lose. I think the only thing keeping the front panel from completely coming off was the brace I placed on the left side months ago.

28785726887_bd8d66ac2d_b.jpg

When the rear left was starting to fail I checked the house floor for any signs of settling and it was fine. The tank was level. The stand is built like a tank. No signs of damage to the stand.

Thank you to everyone that helped or offered help. Too many to list. Still undecided on whether I want to reseal the tank, place an order for a bigger tank or take a break.

I did not keep track of what I placed in peoples bucket but I'll be happy to help you name the pieces if you're into named coral. If you received multiple frags of the same colony please donate to your fellow reefers so something good comes from my loss.

Here's a list of everything that was rehomed.

Tyree Ponape Purple Stag
Rainbow Granulosa
Purple Passion
ORA Frogskin
Toxic Green
Bali Tri Color
Aqua Delight
Blue Gomezi
Blue Navini
Tyree Strawberry Lemonade
Green Slimmer
Yellow/green mille
Aussie green with blue tips stag
green with purple tips efflo
ASD rainbow mille
Utimate rainbow
Tyree hellfire
ORA joe the coral
CC purple tip tort
Vivid purple nana
Paletta's lovelli
Aussie tri color valida
Aussie solid green efflo
Grinch acro
Tyree red dragon
WWC Terra Red Acropora
WWC Slimeball Anacropora
WWC Madman Austera
WWC Cobalt Acropora
WWC Vic's Granulosa Acropora
Vivid's Rainbow Delight
ORA Belina
Pink Lemonade
Sapphire millie
Becker Tort
ATL Shades of the Fall
Red Dragon
RR Purple Dragon Eye
WWC Sugar Plum Acro
WWC Piranha Acro
WWC 2 Legit Tenius
WWC Silver Surfer Acro
WWC Killer Bee Acro
WWC Starburst Montipora
WWC Mystic Sunset Montipora
WWC Lime Green Cyphastrea
WWC Burning Leptastrea
WWC Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
WWC Green Birdsnest
WWC Red Montipora Digitata
Paletta Pink Tip Acro
FF Red Robin Stag
Palleta Blue Acro
Greg's Ultimate Efflo
WWC Christmas Mirabilis
WWC Black Widow Acropora
WWC Grizzly Adams Acropora
WWC Sky Blue Tenius
WWC Blueberry Fields
RR USA Pink Floyd
AOA 2tone Caroliniana
Brian's Weirdo SSC
AOA Hyacinthus
2GC Star Fire
2GC/AOA Insidious
AOA Bali Shadow Moon
Spsaddicts Candy Corn
2GC/AOA Wolf mother
RR Vinh
Snipersps Pink Dragontails
RMF Last Dragon
HOC Inferno Milli
TCK Rainbow Tenuis
TCK Plutonium Pikachu
ARC Acroberry Table
Bali Shortcake
TCK Silverado
TCK Ultraberry
TCK Comet
Oregon Tort
BC Hyperberry
Strawberry Short Cake
Tyree Ultimate Blue Stag
BC Upscales Microlados
ORA Pearlberry
Pro Coral Rainbow
Ora Hawkins
Tyree hellfire
Garf Bonzai
BC Bottlebrush
RRUSA 3rd Wish
RRUSA Armaggedon
RRUSA Cherry Blossom
RRUSA Cranberry
RRUSA Mystique
RRUSA Orange Cream
RRUSA Pink Cadillac
RRUSA Pink Elephant
RRUSA Razzle Dazzle

Hey Mark, glad you came in with an update and happy to read you've not decided completely to stop. An update for you, everything is doing well and settling in. The Pink Floyd is a beauty and getting more yellow. The last dragon and pink dragontails seem to have stabilized, colors not back yet but in time it should. I'm very surprised this piece survived, I didn't expect it too. The Blue Gomezi made it through, it actually showed some signs of tissue loss and I expected it to not survive but it stopped and I'm actually seeing some blue returning. It's very faint but I definitely see some blue. The blue navini branch is doing good, not so beat up looking. The AoA piece is also making a comeback. Not colorful but much better then when I got it in tank. If you can look at the pic of it on page one, can you ID it for me. The frag I made out of the RR piece (2small branches) on the same rock as the AoA piece, one branch died but the other one is good, healing but still brown.

Whoa that is a lot of sps, i will be sending you texts with pics soon so you can help identify what i got from you, only lost a small frag and a medium colony of unknown it had some light green tips and looked like a red dragon

Manny

Wow that is a crazy amount of coral, glad you received help from the community, and hopefully you get a new tank soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Mark, glad you came in with an update and happy to read you've not decided completely to stop. An update for you, everything is doing well and settling in. The Pink Floyd is a beauty and getting more yellow. The last dragon and pink dragontails seem to have stabilized, colors not back yet but in time it should. I'm very surprised this piece survived, I didn't expect it too. The Blue Gomezi made it through, it actually showed some signs of tissue loss and I expected it to not survive but it stopped and I'm actually seeing some blue returning. It's very faint but I definitely see some blue. The blue navini branch is doing good, not so beat up looking. The AoA piece is also making a comeback. Not colorful but much better then when I got it in tank. If you can look at the pic of it on page one, can you ID it for me. The frag I made out of the RR piece (2small branches) on the same rock as the AoA piece, one branch died but the other one is good, healing but still brown.

The AoA piece is actually a RRUSA Orange Cream.

Need a better angle of the small frag in order to name it.

What brand tank was this?
Purchased new?

10 year old 120 gallon Leemar. Yes. Purchased new.

This is RR Orange Cream?

14568978a160c99a2756c75a57f6b448.jpg

I thought when you broke it off the rock you said it was from AoA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back