A Few questions for a 75 gallon tank

zrs6v4

In Memoriam
I just sold my nano cube 24 with corals and fish to buy a 75 Gallon and here is exactly what it has....

75 RR with a 30 gal sump.
comes with a 48 pc light all bulbs new within two weeks
100 lbs LR
75-100 lbs LS
2 clarkis
one coral beauty
one lawn mower blenny
one blue fiji damsel
one green chromis
2 cleaner shrimp
varioius ricordia's
various zoos
eheim 1262 return pump
CSS 125 protein skimmer
intermatic digital timer
maxi jet 1200
custom stand

1) I want it to be a fish and coral tank.. Any suggestions on what I may need to buy to make it successful?

2) Any special maintenance other than adding water, water changes, water quality check-ups? what i mean is do I need to clean any plumbing for the sump, if so how often?

3) Any cleaning kits or special products I should buy for this set up?

thanks for the help!!!

You say you want to keep coral. What types? If you want sps or clams, then the pc's are not going to cut it.

I would avoid putting the blue fiji damsel in there. It will be a terror and virtually impossible to remove later.....unless you break down the tank.

The CSS 125 is at best a marginal skimmer (I use the CSS 65 on my 16g and I'm going to be replacing it soon). I wouldn't use the 125 on a system larger than 40 gallons. You've got 105 gallons.

Depending upon what type of corals you're going to keep, the MJ 1200 will be insufficient. Softies, you should be fine. If you go with anything else it will be almost negligible water movement and inadequate.

Ive got a CCS 65 on my 46 and with bi-weekly h2o changes i keep everything very happy...nitrates and phosphates ~0
jmo

Back