A few questions

Rich D

I just had a few random questions that have popped up in the tank.
First and most important, I found this on a pink stylo earlier today. It looked like a spaghetti worm but seems sort of fuzzy on the base. I hope its not eating the stylo frag I have or any other corals... Anybody know what this is?
20091119_3394.jpg

next, I have a couple of dottybacks that are pretty demonic. Is there a good way of trapping them? I think I might be able to bait them then just grab them with a net. They will probably go to the sump or LFS or anybody that wants them.
heres the lesser evil
20091119_3425.jpg

and heres the devil in fish form, it doesnt ever come out from the rockwork so it would be tough to catch. This is it harassing a nassarius snail.
20091119_3433.jpg

third, what kind of coral is this? My dad says its called a leptoseris or something but I couldnt find anything online about it. Its an easy coral but I like it...
20091119_3396.jpg

and last but pretty unimportant is whether theres anything wrong with feeding an RBTA pellets for fish. Ive been doing it simply because its extremely easy and quick and they seem to like it.
here one is eating
20091119_3402.jpg

Does the dottyback have a favorite rock? Maybe you could scare it and put a net over the hole?

and dont mind the algae all over, we brought the lighting cycle up to 10 hours to see If we could get some lighter blues. We found that our rocks are leeching PO4 so are now dosing ethanol (now up to 2mL of 95%)

Does the dottyback have a favorite rock? Maybe you could scare it and put a net over the hole?

the purple and yellow one always goes into this one hole at night (too bad thats the easy one to catch because it comes out to eat). The sunrise on the other hand goes through the bottom layer of the rockwork and even digs itself holes under rocks to go into. It will show up at one place then pop up at the other side of the tank without even seeing it.

So does anybody know what that worm might be? Im assuming that its just a spaghetti worm that got stuck to the coral.

Looks like a Mama Mia worm (spagetti)

Thats amazing your RBTA is eating pellets. Mine only eat silversides.

Back