A few questions

unionpipefish

Is JB waterweld safe in a reef tank? Has anyone used a flipper scraper? and do most people drip aclimate their corals? Thanks

I love my flipper. Nobody really acclimates coral they just take out the bag dip them and in the tank they go.

Is JB waterweld safe in a reef tank? Has anyone used a flipper scraper? and do most people drip aclimate their corals? Thanks

I use JB often, I am a fan of the Tunze scrapers but Flippers have a decent rep and I don't think most people drip acclimate. Float, dip, rinse then into qt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use JB to mount frags. It has a longer working time than most reef specific epoxies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody really acclimates coral they just take out the bag dip them and in the tank they go.
I guess I must be the exception...I always dip and acclimate corals. I don't drip acclimate, I will slowly add tank water to the bag water using a turkey baster over an hour or so period. In my mind, the less you stress the coral the better.

I probably have about 6 sticks of JB in my tank between building the aquascape and mounting frags.

I agree, I float, dip, rinse, and into tank. I have had plenty of tank problems over time, but losing corals from NOT acclimating I don't think has ever happened.

That being said, I'm sure it doesn't hurt.

I never acclimate, never float, and depending on who its from won't dip. I get all the cool diverse micro organisms and bugs this way. To each their own right :beer:

Not sure what you want the JB for, but I did use Quikrete hydraulic water stop cement to help build the aquascape...excellent stuff and sets real quick !

Back