A FYI option for netting for pods and Rotifers?

ctniners

I am going to start culturing Tisbe pods and Rotifers...I am looking for an alternative option for the mesh net to collect both....I think for Rotifers I need something in the 50micron range however I am not familiar with what that looks like....is there the equivalent for something I can get at a craft store?....for example silk? Or something else that can be used to collect the Rotifers?

For the Tisbe pods I was thinking about using a seachem bag I found...I looked it up and they say the bag is 180 micron....is that good for Tisbe pods?...if not what can I use instead?

Thanks for the help

It's not a net, but these work great. I got a few addition sizes than just these three because it allows you to get really selective of pod type and age.

Thanks..im trying to economize as much as possible...i figure if i can make them myself i can do it for few bucks rather than 40$..those are nice and if i cant get any inputs on the diy alternatives then i will go with them

Mods...any way to change the title of the thread from FYI to DIY?...autocorrect spelling changed it and I just noticed it..thanks

Back