A new beginning (pictures included)

zdawgnight

After a devastating wind storm in Columbus my tank crashed. I had no power for 4 days and my corals unfortunately passed away from the lack of energy. Here are a few pictures of what I went through and what I am now slowly starting. Hopefully you enjoy.

My tank before the crash
coral031.jpg

coral076.jpg

coral052.jpg

coral056-1.jpg

That is just a tiny bit of what it was. I had a lot more frags and a new set up I had not taken a picture of.

Sorry the photos are very murky but I couldnt really help it.

Now this is what I have changed. I learned a lot from the original and feel like I have made some drastic changes for the better. I dont have the algae problem I did before which I blame on to much feeding for my small sumpless tank and to many fish ( a whopping 3).
coral055-1.jpg
coral095.jpg
coral097.jpg
coral049.jpg
coral111.jpg
coral110.jpg
coral113.jpg

got this free from a friend and has colored up great(slowly but I have high hopes)
coral108.jpg
coral109.jpg
coral110.jpg

I need to work on my camera skills big time! From the crash I was able to save 3 corals. My acans, an orange ricordia and my dendros.
Seeing as Sps is by far my favorite Im hoping that I will be able to grow from my mistakes and get the nice colonies your all sharing pictures of.

I bought a battery powered bubbler so hopefully that will take care of things assuming I have another problem.

I think a lot of my problems came from all the excess nutrients. It didnt take long for it to go downhill. Im just glad that I was able to salvage a few corals thanks to you. It nice to have a little piece of my old setup

I like the new corals and the lay out looks really nice. Seems like you have a lot of room for growth. Keep up the good work.

Back