A question

RyanDragon

are u suppose to feed ur anemone ??? cause I had a haitian anemone for about 3 months, and every time I tries to feed raw shrimp to it, my clownfish always tries to take it out of the anemone and always succeed.... I gave up... So should I start feeding the anemone ,and put a net on it while it's eating ???

Slayer311

no, first feed your clownfish their fill of food, then feed your anemone small pieces of shrimp or silversides that he can swollow quickly. If it is too large and has to work to get it into its mouth it increases the chance that it will get stolen. If the anemone is wrapping its tentacles around the shrimp and moving it slowly towards its mouth, it wants it, if it lets go of it it is either not hungry or a picky eater, try something else, anemones can be fed every 1-2 weeks depending on the anemone, mine prefer to eat once a week, tried bumping down to 4days but this was too much as they started to spit it out.

RyanDragon

I had fed my clwonfish full, and I had tried feeding the anemone 4 times tonight..... everytime it get stolen, the clownfish doesn't eat the shrimp, it's just don't want me to feed the anemone... :( I have a bad clownfish,lol

I need an effective way to feed the anemone, btw I haven't feed the anemone for 2 1/2 months, and it's kinda shrink....

Last edited:

marie

My sebae anemone won't give up its food no matter what.
I've seen my clarkii clown have a tug of war with a chunk of shrimp, the clown gave up and instead decided to shove the food into the anemones mouth as a means of getting rid of it :lol:

RyanDragon

my tank raised clarkii still trying to steal food from the anemone... The clownfish always succeed. Anyone have an effective way of feeding the anemone and keep the clown from stealling it??? (btw, feeding the clown and then feed the anemone won;t work)

JLopez

iNano
either catch the clown while you feed the nem or cover the nem with a fruit basket or something while you feed it

Slakker

Premium Member
Many people never feed their anemones. Under appropriate lighting they should, in theory, get enough food from light and other sources that we don't witness (waste, mostly).

You could just try shooing the clownfish away with feeding tongs or a baster or your hand or something until the anemone has finished with the piece of shrimp, too.

RyanDragon

finally the anemone learned not to let go of it food when the clown try to take it... the clarkii clown is very angry and he can't do anything about it...lol

Last edited: