Acan lighting Leds

batt600

What do you guys think of Acan led fixture . So far thay only use 1.5 to 1 w leds and from what i see there not upgradeable and if a led goes they dont have replacements but there saying there better than AI . What do you guy think . And it would be nice if some on reefcentral can do a par test on the AI and Acan led fixtures.

There are several threads on Aqua Illumination LED's. There is one that has par measurements. Just do a search.

+1 on Acan Lighting. My SPS are growing and I don't even have it at full power. I may add that I have a glass cover over my tank also.

I now about the AI par readings i would like some one to put the 2 to the test and see how has more . Theres no par readings on the acan. My main problem is why buy somthing you cant buy replacement parts for or upgrade . Theys are the things alot of people over look when buying led fixtures is replacement parts when they go bad

if you are worried about replacement parts. Why dont you do a DIY so you can replace leds when they are upgraded. ITs cheaper to go DIY.

IMO these are cheap chinese manufactured LEDs that use poor quality parts and are marked up significantly. I think there are much better options, especially for the price. JMO

Incredibly the Eco Lamps bring high PAR... close to AI and Illumina from Vertex... I have 2x 48" Eco Lamps / Acan Lighting and my SPS corals really LOVE THEM!!!! and I made comparisons between 2x MH 250w, 1x T5 54w ATI bulbs lamp (12 bulbs) and these 2x Eco Lamps 48"... MH and T5 are past things about lighting...

Back