Acans + Blasto bleaching retreating

tc2007

Not sure what the problem is since the last few months my Acans are bleaching and shriveled up. My only blasto frag that was doing great before for few months now is shriveled up and dying slowly. Another Octospawn frag that was thriving is dying slowly.

The major change I made was switch from a XR15 G4 PRO to Non-Pro XR30W G4 on my 93G cube at about 10" high.

I was running the XR15 at about 60-70% intensity I think and the XR30W was started at around 50% and I lowered to about 20% now. I am not running UV, Green or Reds.

Also did 3 different salts so far Red Sea Pro, Fritz and now back on Instant Ocean. Last year I was on IO and wanted to try something else and Red Sea Coral Pro was doing good for the most part. Then tried Fritz and I think that's when I started seeing issues. So switched to another bucket of Red Sea but it didn't do much.

The salt change was done slowly over 1 water change per month.

On the other hand, my Hammer has quadrupled in size, stylo and green slime frags are doing great with some growth, galaxia is also thriving and growing, torch is thriving and growing and so is a chalice frag I put in few months ago.
Also my mushrooms have grown a lot.

Not sure only these 3-4 coral frags have issues.

Params are usually in range and stable

Sal: 1.025
Alk: 8-9
Ca: 450-500
Mg: 1280
Temp: 74-78
PH: 8
NO3: 12ppm

Back