Acans

vivo

Hi
I have 14g nano with ai sol.please some one tell me wat intensity should i put the light.i have mostly acan and scoly...LPS CORAL.
What intesity is good to keep rainbow acan .
Thanks.

Is it a sol or a nano sol? I used a Radion over a 28 nanocube at 25% and a very blue setting and all my rainbows morphed. I switched to t5 and they came back in a week. IMO a sol over a 14 nano is to much for acans

Acans do better in lower par lighting. If color is to intense the colors will shift. They just go green or light orange in my experience. An AI Sol over a 14 will be high par IMO.

I prefer T5 over LED, but if you want to go LED I had great success with acans using the Kessil A150. You'd need only one and the ocean blue color (20k) brings out the colors of the acans nicely and they didn't morph. They aren't a real high par LED. Good luck

You can always set the AI at a lower intensity. A PAR meter would help you with the light intensity, it is very difficult to set an LED light up correctly without one.

You can always set the AI at a lower intensity. A PAR meter would help you with the light intensity, it is very difficult to set an LED light up correctly without one.

I agree with this to a point being that I've used mh, t5 and LED with acans. I'm an acan junkie and have gone through many successes and non-successes. It is about par and it is just as important regarding color spectrum. I kept acans in a nano, 28 nc. I used 150w de 20k radium and colors stayed well with acans on bottom. I did get some morphing but the acans actually morphed better into more rainbows. I actually got some simple green/purple ones and they changed into rainbows over time. However, my chiller never shut off and power bills stayed high so switched to two Kessil a150 ocean blue which had similar color to radium. I used it for a year and no shifting whatsoever from the acans. I then switched to a Radion for controllability and set it up for similar color and ran it only at low % with light 12+ in above surface and 3 weeks later I had a whole bunch of green and orange acans. Reds gone, purples gone, yellows, blues gone. I fiddled with it for 5 months and couldn't get them to come back and I dumped the Radion. I bought a 6 bulb dimmable sunpower, went with actinic, blue+ and purple+ and within a week they started coming back. Some went back to original look and some not quite all the way but still real pretty. Acans do well with par in the 100-120 range and blue light spectrum. I don't know if you can get good diffused 100 par light with the sol over such a small tank unless you raise that light very high above the water and how nice will that look aesthetically. I wouldn't recommend it. If you do go with it I would keep them shaded

Thank you all,yes the gold n yellow turned green . Orange shift to yellow with only 35% of blues n 7% of wite.

Back