Acanthurus sohal at the SPZ (pic)

Make sure to see the sticky at the top of the URS forum regarding Borneman, Calfo and Sanjay Joshi coming to the Seneca Park Zoo.
IMG_1210keeper.jpg

Ditto, Henry. I can't say enough about what a nice family you have- thanks for having me over for coffee this morning. I hope to see you at the zoo on March 31st!

nice pic gary!!how many attempts before the keeper pic??i was there last week and that fish is all over the place.tank is looking sweet by the way guys!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8921031#post8921031 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jimmer
nice pic gary!!how many attempts before the keeper pic??
I took at least a dozen of the Sohal. Only 3 or 4 are any good. One time it came right up in front of the camera from out of the blue and scared the living crap out of me. It's a pretty big fish!

It was still there last year for sure, and I think it was still there 3-4 months ago when I took the kids.

He's sexy. Just saw him friday. Hadn't been in years. The new addition is nice. Baby lions are cute. I skipped the $ 6 hot dogs. The place was packed.

I don't get it - does the zoo just not have the budget to pay someone to maintain it? This tank was pretty cool, and it could be amazing - and it shouldn't take more than a couple hours a week.

I don't get it - does the zoo just not have the budget to pay someone to maintain it? This tank was pretty cool, and it could be amazing - and it shouldn't take more than a couple hours a week.

I've been told by a close source that a new larger tank is in the works. I'll ask for an update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know who maintains that aquarium nowadays but it should not be a voluntary position (in my opinion).
They don't necessarily need a marine biologist with a degree but they DO need someone that knows what they're doing.
Again- I have not seen this display recently (or recent pix of it) so I have no idea what became of our generous donations.

Back