Accidentally found a possible easy cure for Manjanos

tang named junkyard

Manjanos can be hard to get rid of. I think I possibly found a cure when I saw ich on a fish. I've had really good success with ginger powder in regards to ich. I noticed after a few days of treating, all the Manjanos were dissolved and gone. I would be interested in someone else doing this and confirming. The ginger has zero effect on any other corals or anemones.

main tank. I put two pinches of ginger powder in daily. It seems to be one of the only things affected by it. Ginger has properties that parasites don't like.

I propose this would best be tested with one mojano or aiptasia rock in a quarantine ta nk. Sensitivities of various species are largely unmapped territory.

I propose this would best be tested with one mojano or aiptasia rock in a quarantine ta nk. Sensitivities of various species are largely unmapped territory.

^^^What Sk8r said^^^

I would guess that the effect was coincidental.

And FWIW - you can add all the garlic you want, but it will do absolutely nothing to rid your tank of the Ich parasite. You may be able to stimulate the fishes appetite and therefore get them healthy enough to help them resist it, but it (Ich) will still be present in your tank.

jm.02

you can add all the garlic you want, but it will do absolutely nothing to rid your tank of the Ich parasite.

jm.02

He wasn't talking about garlic, it was ginger that he tried. And Ich isn't the subject.
My concern would be other corals, that's assuming that it actually did work !

Back