accidentally introducing testosterone to reef tank :)

BrentH

i use a testosterone product i put under my armpits for personal reasons but i had my arm in one of my tanks with my armpit in the tank without thinking u think anything neg or bad can happen i know kinda wierd ...i hope my fish dont grow pubic hair :headwalls:

Bilk

They might grow big ones? :fun4: I haven't stopped laughing from the last comment in your post :lolspin:

They're probably fine. The usual - add some GAC and hope for the best.

billsreef

Moderator, 10 & Over Club
Premium Member
If you were breeding and rearing fish, could effect sex ratios of the resulting fish. Otherwise, I expect the small amount in that sort of accidental exposure is not likely to have any effect.

adova

Premium Member
Hmm - I see someone starting a "Testosterone Dosing Affects" thread soon - Bertoni - care to start it?

BrentH

Stuff to expensive for that 450 a bottle !!! Seriously if any u guys ever curious about it?I ended up being pre diabetic .... My doctor prescribed it to help with my energy level to improve my diet ect... It's been working plus help with sex drive I'm not old 39 but still I feel great not really like a horn ball all crazy like people would think anyway incAse anyone was curious

slief

RC Sponsor
Premium Member
That's bad... Really bad! I would strongly suggest doing several major water changes. This is what happens when fish and testosterone mix. It ain't pretty.
imagejpg1_zps41760c83.jpg

Stackemdeep

Reef Roids will not be happy you have a competing product. Seriously, with all this talk about deflated balls......Oh, thats the Patriots. Sorry.

laga77

I have a Fentanyl patch for chronic back pain that has been accidentally dipped a couple times with no ill effects.

hart24601

Carbon has a good chance of taking it out. I am sure I have gotten some in my tank too, I had to use a similar product due to a condition that shuts down my natural supply of test. It was $800 a month and due to our crappy insurance now it was just too expensive even with it "covered". Now I have to give myself a shot every week. I hate it.

Bilk

That's bad... Really bad! I would strongly suggest doing several major water changes. This is what happens when fish and testosterone mix. It ain't pretty.
imagejpg1_zps41760c83.jpg

Hey that fish looks like he's doing pretty well with the ladies. Why mess with success? :)