Acclimating a Mono???

Mariov

Hello Everybody

Here is a question tha I cant seam to get a straight answer .....

I have a Mono in my cichid tank and he needs to be transformed to my reef tank
I have been reading that there fine when young but need to be in salt water by adult .....
Soooooooo does anybody know how long it needs to take to make the switch
I've been online and can't seam to get the answer ....... Go!!!

Thanks

You could probably drop it straight in. That said, you should drop acclimate it for an hr or two. But putting it in your reef would be a mistake. They can be viscous.

Really ?? He is the most mellow one in my cichlid tank

You could probably drop it straight in. That said, you should drop acclimate it for an hr or two. But putting it in your reef would be a mistake. They can be viscous.

Our mono was the family favorite. One day the lawnmower blenny decided to beat him up- badly. He ended up dying of his wounds. Once someone in the tank is injured it's a free-for-all. Very sad. We really liked him.

Drop it straight in, I would not do.
You should setup a 10g tank and change the salinity by 4ppt per day which would take you appox. 6 days to fully acclimate if it was my fish.

I never had a mono, but my brother had 3 in his reef & the bigger they got the worse they were. They ate all his inverts aside from coral.

Also just to clarify I wouldn't suggest dropping him straight in, I just meant they are hardy enough they could probably survive it. I just did 4 black mollies a couple weeks ago just to use as place holders for my qt. Dripped for maybe 2 hrs, and they are fine. I've acclimated them in a bag before as well changing half water every ten minutes 3 or 4 times and that always worked out fine.

Back