Acclimation with new T-5's

shellsea

I have a 120 mixed reef that is doing well all in all (still have some dino's floating around but that's a whole differant story) i am looking to encourage more growth. I run an early (1st) version of reef breeders led and run them about 80% blue 60% white maxed for about 2 hours with ramp up and down for total of 12 hours a day.

I am adding 2 - 54 watt T-5s I got fixtures from LET lighting, who by the way may have the best customer service going. ATI Coral Plus bulbs.

If i leave the led's set where they are would it be safe to start with a one hour cycle for T5's for the first week and add 1 hour each week thereafter for the next 3 weeks?
Your thoughts welcomed.
Jack
Destin, Fl.

I have a 120 mixed reef that is doing well all in all (still have some dino's floating around but that's a whole differant story) i am looking to encourage more growth. I run an early (1st) version of reef breeders led and run them about 80% blue 60% white maxed for about 2 hours with ramp up and down for total of 12 hours a day.

I am adding 2 - 54 watt T-5s I got fixtures from LET lighting, who by the way may have the best customer service going. ATI Coral Plus bulbs.

If i leave the led's set where they are would it be safe to start with a one hour cycle for T5's for the first week and add 1 hour each week thereafter for the next 3 weeks?
Your thoughts welcomed.
Jack
Destin, Fl.

That sounds like a solid plan. Better to acclimate slowly than too quick. Also you're going with the coral + bulbs? Take a look at the blue+ bulbs as well. You'll get great coloration with good growth as well. Most T5 only tanks have a majority of Blue + in their mix of lights.

Back