ACJr and AquaSurf

derek4real

I am having a problem upgrading my ACJr Firmware.

this is the step I am having problems with:

7. On your PC in the cmd shell type "˜jrupdate aquajrser.enc "“COM1'
without the quotes.
You should see a p[xxx] displayed on the second line of the LCD display
if the update is working.
After about 15 minutes the firmware will be done updating
and the controller will restart.

When I type this in word for word, it says this:

"jrupdate" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

How do I change my COM port?
How do I know if my controller is "talking" to my computer?
When I bought my Serial Cable it came with a black adaptor for the cable.

Using XP.

I got a call from Neptune Systems and I got it figured out. I have question on my the update phase.

My ACJr is not doing this:

7. On your PC in the cmd shell type "˜jrupdate aquajrser.enc "“COM1' without the quotes. You should see a p[xxx] displayed on the second line of the LCD display if the update is working. After about 15 minutes the firmware will be done updating and the controller will restart.

What do you do if it is not doing this part? I have tried 2 serial cables and I am not getting this to work correctly. Is there anything that happens when you hook up the ACJr to the PC, so I know it is working?

Can someone help me. The screen still says "LOADER" and nothing happens.

Hi. I can get my pc to work my jr but I kept getting funcky PH readings. I have tried 3 different cables, bought the ground serial adapter. So today I was going to build a old computer just for my Jr. (Man I love this fish tank) I was at a used computer store buying a serial port. Then I found a Serial cable to USB cable. Jack Pot!!!!! Everything seems to be better. The driver named the port #4. I told the Jr Port 4 It found It and Things are better now. Thought this might help you

I had the same issue... after several times one computer I figured bad com port, so I tried another computer, and still nothing. Finally just for couriousity sake I left off the "–COM1" and it worked! Give that a try.

+1 to derek4real. I updated a few days ago and that's how I did it too. When you leave "COM1" out it automatically finds the port the acjr is on

i got an error message,

error: -COM1 in use or does not exist

tried leaving off the -COM1, added -COM1, tried COM2, and tried COM3

Sorry for no reply. I was forwarding this to wrong email acct. In what window are you leaving com 1 out. Or how do I get to that part of config window. Is anybodys PH readings all over the place with it hooked up to pc all the time & are you running Aquanotes lite or the full Aquanotes.

i am not running aquanotes. my pc is another room, so had to take controller to the PC (no DC8, temp probe, etc).

At one time i did have it load the upgrade but nothing happened to ACJr. while it was uploading it did not do this.

You should see a p[xxx] displayed on the second line of the LCD display
if the update is working.
After about 15 minutes the firmware will be done updating
and the controller will restart.

I think I have a bad serial port on my ACJr.

Now when I try to run the update it does not load at all and get error messages in the prevoius post.

Back