ACJr, DC8 lost one socket all ready.

TNTREEF

Any one know how many amps each socket can with stand? This is the one my chiller was hooked to. And no it was not hooked to socket 8 or 4. I moved it but I know that that one will fry also. It's a coralife aqua chill 1/2 hp. Neptunesystems says it will handle up to a 1/2 hp chiller. I'm beginning to think not.

Any help or info with this will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be going through DC8's. It will get expensive quick.

Thanks,

Troy give them a call or post on the Neptune Systems forum. I would give them a call I have called them a few times they have been very helpful and friendly. From what ive seen they stand by there product.

They can run up to 6 amps. Find out the wattage your chiller pulls and divide that by 115 and that will tell you the amperage...

Or ask your Electrician buddy to come by with his amp meter and see what is drawing. lol Ill bring my meter over when I come by this week.

A 1/2 hp chiller will probably run more than 6 amps, based upon the fact that my 1/3 JBJ run 7.2 amps. I've never seen anything from NS say that a DC8 can handle up to a 1/2 HP chiller, so I'm curious where you saw that. Not questioning you, just curious.

Yeah im curious what it pulls too. My 1/4 hp pulls 5.4 amps at motor start nut sure what it pulls at load. Never have checked. If that is stated though that it can hold that much per outlet id contact Neptune Systems. I know the combined load of the DC8 cant be more than 15 amps.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14814677#post14814677 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by P.Kelly
A 1/2 hp chiller will probably run more than 6 amps, based upon the fact that my 1/3 JBJ run 7.2 amps. I've never seen anything from NS say that a DC8 can handle up to a 1/2 HP chiller, so I'm curious where you saw that. Not questioning you, just curious.

Yeah I'm trippin. I looked all over and can't find any words on a DC8 handling a 1/2 hp chiller.

Any one want to trade a 1/3 or a 1/4 hp for my 1/2hp?

Back