Acropora identification

sfsuphysics

Here's a couple pictures I took, don't have Photoshop on this computer so I can't clean this up right now, not to mention shooting through perma-hazed acrylic *sigh* stupid weldon. Left them in the original size, but thumbnailed so if a 56ker clicked on the link they won't be hammered.

Guy in the center.

Here's a top down shot from my "healing" tank, it's diffuse sunlight on it only, so no pretty popping colors :(

For direct comparison the one to the right is a green slimer. If you click on the image and look at the exploded view you can see that the structure of the coralites(?) are quite a bit different, they're much more flatish and disconnected from the rest of the coral structure.

The tenuis might be, reeffrontier's galary shows their tenuis to have a very similar structure (it's so much easier to compare when you widdle down the choices), however many other places show the tenuis with very round coralites. I'll stick with this however unless someone has any other ideas.

i think i have the same thing. we've been calling it a 'yelllow tenuis' for lack of a better name. i love the yellow tips.

YellowTen.jpg

Ahh groovy.

Also didn't realize there was a SPS identification sub-forum.. guess I should read the stickies a little more .:D

Yeah that more or less looks like mine, I've just been calling mine a "Nuclear Green Unknown".. hey a local traded me a piece of this for Karl's Candlelight Acro! Then I realized that this has some resemblance to that, at least in the way the tips are really brightly contrasted to the body.

That first one looks to be A. tenuis, like you've all noted :D

The second looks like A. pulchra, with those scale-like radials and flat-top axials.

Back