ADA 45 gallon rimless for sale (tank only)

Terra Ferma

ADA (Aqua Design Amano) rimless aquarium - 36" x 18" x 18" - approx 45 gallons. Tank is 2.5 months old. I had water in it for two weeks until landlord issues forced me to take it down. Beautiful rimless tank with a glass overflow. Overflow is drilled on the bottom for drain/return, the return comes up over the overflow and then slopes back down into the tank (i.e. no internal return, per se).

Things of note:
*This tank came with metric fittings. Fine for the return (if you don't want to hard plumb) but difficult for adding drain extension/spa flex under the tank (only came with one two foot section of metric straight pipe). If I were going to set this tank up I would try to find the closest non-metric bulk head that fits in the drain hole. You could probably connect the metric PVC to something (it is b/t 3/4" and 1") but it will take some creativity. Return has a hose barb so if you have hard plumbing plans you may needs to find a regular bulkhead for the return as well. That said there are a few places online that sell metric PVC.
*As this tank is rimless you will need a "mat" to set it on. You can pick this up from the planted tank store on Filmore street in SF.
*Edges are beveled, silicone is clear

If you have interest PM me I will send you some pics - apologies in advance that the tank is not cleaned up. Would direct you to the ADA website but it is pretty lite on details for this model. I paid $550 for this tank and am looking to get $400. Price is pretty firm; I don't have the most room in the world to store this thing but I am not in fire sale mode either.

Jett,

Not getting out of the hobby at all - but a bit dissapointed that my plans to run this tank have been ruined!

HAHA. Im graduating this weekend so before i get another tank, i should probably figure out where ill be living first :) But i can always use some frags :) What did you score this weekend?

I was but since Dave wasnt there, i wasnt prepared to pay 25 bucks to get in. Ill try to swing by this week to steal frags and go LFS shopping with you and Ted :)

Sorry to take over your thread, Josh. Free bumping right?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12525202#post12525202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Solitaryensis
I was but since Dave wasnt there, i wasnt prepared to pay 25 bucks to get in. Ill try to swing by this week to steal frags and go LFS shopping with you and Ted :)

Sorry to take over your thread, Josh. Free bumping right?

That sucks..I offered free tickets on the BAR forum :(

Theo - OT bumps are no problem! I had no idea people were paying $25 for the opportunity to buy frags.

Gresham your PM box is full.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12530092#post12530092 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Terra Ferma
Theo - OT bumps are no problem! I had no idea people were paying $25 for the opportunity to buy frags.

Gresham your PM box is full.

That's why I said email me at the email address I gave :) I can't empty my PM box, it'll open me up to possible banning if people PM me business related questions :)

Back