Add a Yellow Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)

hkgar

I would like to add this fish to get some nice yellow in the tank,plus I like that it eats a vermetids and tube worms. I currently have a Possum, Lubbocks, Red Head Salon and Melanurus Wrasses. I will also be adding a trio of either Bartletts or Lyretail Anthias at the same time.

Does anyone foresee problems among the wrasses or other fish (see signature line)

As of right now, he bothers no other fish, just kind of does his own thing, picking at everything in his path.

If you have trouble it would be from the melanurus.

My thoughts as well. I have a yellow in with a Red-lined and Dusky Halichores, a possum, 4 fairies and a flasher (with a bunch of other fish).

The yellow is a very mellow fish and gets along with everyone else.

To follow up until a tank move mishap I had a terminal male chrysarus and melanurus together with no issues.

I think you will be ok, but IME, my melanurus killed my yellow wrasse and my scotts wrasse in my 120 before I upgraded. With a 180 and plenty of rockwork, I think you will be fine.

I tried adding one and it dove. Came out twice. Dove again as soon as I would approach. The. I just never saw it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back