Adding a new foxface to established tank?

dawn0506

We currently have a 125 tank with the following:
4" yellow tang
3" hippo tang
3-4" lunar wrasse
4-5" Queen angel
4" orange spotted goby
Several snails and hermit crabs

We want to add a small foxface. Wondering if it will be safe with the angel?

Thoughts?

Should be fine adding the foxface, but a 125 is by no means a large enough tank for an adult queen angle. They get huge.

Should be fine adding the foxface, but a 125 is by no means a large enough tank for an adult queen angle. They get huge.
So does the Hippo Tang, but your fine for a while.I've had a Foxface in almost every tank I've ever set up. In my experience fish don't bother them much. The Queen might try harassing him but should stop when the Foxface flares those venomous spines.

My Yellow tang just about killed my FoxFace when I introduced it. This was even after using a social acclimation box for a few days. This was in a 210 gallon tank. I had to take the YT out and place her in a 20L for a month. I reintroduced her with some new fish and now she is fine with the FoxFace.

That's what I'm worried about. My yt is quite the little aggressor. Everyone has told me that the queen is aggressive bit I've yet to see it. We are planning on getting a 200+ within the next year for the larger fish.

Yes, Yellow tangs often do not accept a foxface. They often will accept other non yellow rabbitfish.

The rabbitfish my YT tried to kill is an Magnificent FoxFace, very little yellow. Yellow tangs are pretty territorial, as in the whole tank is theirs ! LOL.. Of course her days are limited being the Queen as my Powder Blue gets older.

Back