adult french.....

really nice colours when they are small but adults dont look good on pictures they still look great in real life lfs has had a fairly big one for a while now its a beauty

thanks LISAD,we share the same taste.i am planning to keep 1 in a 140G tank alone with few electric blue damself.awesome.

appreciated your input guys my real concern is my limited space.can only spare a 54"x30"(w)x 20"(water level)cos living in an apartment.
:(

hmm i would go against it then, that is a really small aquarium for an adult, i have seen a full grown adult and for a size comparison think of flattening out a basketball and thats a good judgement to go by

here is the adult that i saw

IMG_1559.jpg

They are a beautiful fish, but they do get big. It will eventually out grow your 140g. I had a gray angelfish (basically the same fish) had lots of character, but would need a pretty big tank, so I had to get rid of him. Apparently like most angels, they don't grow as big in the wild, but grays/frenchs I hear easily get +15". LisaD, I hope you were on the east side of mexico scuba diving!

well i kept adult emperor,majestic,blue ring before but notice growth rate is very very slow.it could be due to limited space in an aquarium.

care to share your input on this point?

angels lovers.

well as far as adult fish, french i notice is not so colourful.if the body is dark green instead of black it would be different.looking a the pix that mattyice posted.

The adult french looks a lot better when you see it in person, go around to your LFS's and see if they have any of them in their display tanks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Go and lurk around for one in your area and see what you think.

healthy adults are absolutely great looking.Especially for a big fish. Many big fish get ugly as they grow. Something almost regal about the subtle beauty. Although if bright colors = beauty, probably not.

i saw it in a video last nigth i agree with blue carpet it looks better. no chance to see it in person yet. any great photo from hobbyist?

no many ppl keep french?:confused:

Back