Agu's "Piece of Junk 10 Gallon"

This is a great tank. A good example of recycling, reusing and miscellaneous other tree hugger crap. I certainly do think that you did a fine job of creating a healthy system in a very small package.

Thanks Adrienne ....... :)

Tank is now a shadow of it's former self, most of the LPS and some shrooms have moved on to new homes. One LPS remains because it wasn't up to my standards. Tank will just run like that until growth in the other nanos forces me to make more frags.

Then it will shine again in all it's junk glory................ as it's done for the last 5 years.

In the meantime bristle worms, pods and ministars rule their ten gallon world.

Nice bristleworm tank! I've never hears of anyone target feeding them, until now! Incredible.

TOTL nomination for sure.

OMG! those bristle worms just gave me the chills!

You couldn't pay me to put my hand in that tank with those monsters, lol

Just don't feed them after midnight

nice tank thanks for sharing

Most of the frags are gone ....

034.jpg

but the critters are still there enjoying a mussel ....

037.jpg

There are no fish in the tank. Mobile inverts include a large snail of indeterminate linage I rarely see.

Many mini brittle stars, you can see a few here,

004.jpg

And several bristleworms,

017.jpg

024.jpg

019.jpg

I love the high tech tools! The bamboo skewers are what we in my house call the "HandOfGod"

I have had a 14 AIO since christmas and didn't know what to do with it. I am inspired. I will link you to my build thread when I get it started.

The "Piece of Junk Tank" is coming down. With my new 24X24X12 half cube I won't need to frag so often and when I do frag there's room in the new tank to temporarily hold frags. There's just no justification to keep it up and to be honest I really have no enthusiasm to keep it going.

However I'll miss the bristle worm feeding frenzy ........... :( .

The "Piece of Junk Tank" is coming down. With my new 24X24X12 half cube I won't need to frag so often and when I do frag there's room in the new tank to temporarily hold frags. There's just no justification to keep it up and to be honest I really have no enthusiasm to keep it going.

However I'll miss the bristle worm feeding frenzy ........... :( .

Awww, bummer dood! How about some final pics of the tank first?!? :)

Took the rock covered with shrooms and coraline to the the LFS. After putting the rock in his tanks there were easily a dozen worms of various species on the bottom of the buckets They're now in my other tanks. Also caught as many mini brittle stars and pods as possible and moved them to other tanks. I spent a couple hours sucking up pods, worms and ministars with a turkey baster out of the half empty tank. Just in bristle worms I probably moved a couple dozen.

My "Piece of Junk" tank is now history, a moment of silence please ;).

What do the mini brittle stars like to feed on? Seems I've been able to keep just about any other detritivore going just fine but these little guys eventually fade away.

When I fed krill on a stick to the bristleworms the arms of ministars would start popping out of the rock. I suspect they're carnivores, but that's just a guess based on their reaction to meaty foods in the tank.

Now I don't feel so um strange for going through my cheato ball and pulling my bristleworms and putting them in my display, fuge, and my other tank.

I had maybe 50 to 75 that I saved.

Back