Ai director range?

mikoz

Hi all,

Does anyone know the connection technology between the ai director and the lights (Perhaps 2.4ghz connection similar to wifi?) And the effective range?

I have two choices:

1. Use the director over wifi and place it near he tank

Or

2. Used wired Ethernet and place the director about 20 feet from the tank (closed wired Ethernet drop).

Typically I resist wifi whenever I can except for obvious things like iPads, laptops... Give a choice, however, I will go with a hard line always. However I don't know the range of the director or the connection technology between it and the lights.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Does anyone use the director in a large house and can comment on the range? Also curious if it's connected via Ethernet or wifi.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Does anyone use the director in a large house and can comment on the range? Also curious if it's connected via Ethernet or wifi.

Thanks.

I tried via Ethernet locating the director appx. 15 feet away from 2 x hydra.

It didn't work.

I tried via Ethernet locating the director appx. 15 feet away from 2 x hydra.

It didn't work.

That's not good. Isn't the director supposed to be able to control multiple tanks? If assume they would be located more than 15 feet apart. I really don't want to go with a wifi connection, but if the connection to the lights from the director is that bad then I guess I won't have a choice.

So much for one director controlling more than one tank in multiple rooms..?

Do you know what technology/frequency is used for the connection between the lights and the director?

Thanks

That's not good. Isn't the director supposed to be able to control multiple tanks? If assume they would be located more than 15 feet apart. I really don't want to go with a wifi connection, but if the connection to the lights from the director is that bad then I guess I won't have a choice.

So much for one director controlling more than one tank in multiple rooms..?

Do you know what technology/frequency is used for the connection between the lights and the director?

Thanks

The AI Director is capable and designed to run multiple tanks and up to 30 AI Led light fixtures.

Currently I have my Director about 10 feet from my tank, which I'm running the Director via WiFi and the Director has been rock solid in performance.

Since I live in a two story house, I'll test my Director up stairs and see if I run into any problems, which I don't think I would.

As for the other techie info you are asking, I would contact AI directly.

Thanks,
Randy

My director is about 15 feet from my tank and located in the basement. My wifi box is on the second floor. It kicks out once in awhile but for the most part works great.

What's more critical distance from tank or distance from router? Mine is 5 feet from my tank but 30 feet from my router. No issues so far but I've only had it 48 hours.

Back