AI Hydra 26 HD... settings to start with?

Im still trying to figure that out as well... I have a mixed reef in a 50 cube any sugestions?

I have a 40g sure that's 16" tall I have my lights 15" from the water and on my apex I have all the blues, violet, and uv at 80 and all whites, red, and green at 40 with an overall intensity of 65% at peak time. From noon it slowly ramps up till about 5 or so then slowly ramps down and completely shutting off at noon. Still working on increasing the percentage but I'm slowly working my way up every week depending how the corals are reacting to the light. I'm pretty new at this but I haven't had anything die on me yet. I mostly have acros btw.

I currently only have a small frag of zoa in the tank as far as corals go.

Came from 10 t5 tubes

Start out low and slowly work your way up in like 5% increments a week depending how the coral reacts to it you gotta really pay attention to them cause they will let you know if they're happy or not.

what are the key things to be looking for?

currently the zoa has been fully opening... not really sure what else to be looking for though

Zoas don't need much light. If you plan sps or lps, then I recommend an apogee par meter. When you get coral, find out the par and flow where the specimen grew. The, place accordingly in your tank. Par changes significantly in a tank lit by led's. Even within proximity of inches the par will have large disparity due to the directional attributes of led's and the shading of rock work and coral. The par meter takes the guesswork out.

Start with the following ratio: blue 87, deep blue 83, red 12, green 21, uv 25, white 40, violet 60. Measure par and adjust accordingly.

Back