AIO Nano Chamber cleanup?

JTP424

Running a 15 gallon WB AIO.
Do consistent water changes etc. But every so often, every couple of months, sometimes 3, sometimes 6, my rear chambers just seem to get really gunked up. Detritus random pineapple sponge etc.
I end up removing all the water from back there and wiping all the equipment down and resetting it all. I replace my carbon and media at this time too. (Tank looks gorgeous after)
Is this standard maintenance or am I running into an "issue"
I haven't paid SUPER close attention to it... but it COULD be caused by me leaving for a few days and running an autofeed....

Thoughts?

Running a 15 gallon WB AIO.
Do consistent water changes etc. But every so often, every couple of months, sometimes 3, sometimes 6, my rear chambers just seem to get really gunked up. Detritus random pineapple sponge etc.
I end up removing all the water from back there and wiping all the equipment down and resetting it all. I replace my carbon and media at this time too. (Tank looks gorgeous after)
Is this standard maintenance or am I running into an "issue"
I haven't paid SUPER close attention to it... but it COULD be caused by me leaving for a few days and running an autofeed....

Thoughts?
It's normal. You have detritus which turns into mulm, all kinds of micro organisms, fast growing slimy algaes and bacterial mats. Everything produced, added, born, and gets caught in the flow, is headed there. Anyone who uses a filter sock knows how fast they get loaded with crap...

Back