Aiptasia F/S

Proteinshake

Just kidding,

But I do need to know how to remove my aiptasia infestation without just bleaching my rock? any ideas or have any of you had a good experience using nudis

Markdiego

I'll take a dozen! I bought 2 peppermints and it worked for me. When I bought em the lfs owner said they were hit or miss. Luckily they hit with me.

Nicholas41

I have a break out in my tank, I'm also looking for a way to get rid of them. I have some aiptasia X which has worked well for me. But I'm putting some dwarf lionfish in and don't want my hand in there too much. Unfortunately peppermint shrimp wont work for me. Laser time? I was considering posting to see if someone wanted to head to my house with one. For compensation of course :)

Mangodude

The Clown Tang Keeper!
I've used boiling water with good succes. just get like an eye dropper and point it right at 'em. Peppermints usually do the job too..

laser would be a much cooler route though.. :D

bhsgk

awesome at life
+1 to peppermint's, i bought two from rockin reef a year ago and they ate every last aiptasia in my tank in a matter of days

screamincamaro

kalk paste, peppermint shrimp, berghia nudibranchs

You might need to starve the peppermint shrimp some and no guarantee they will go after the aiptasia. I tried most of the over the counter stuff you can buy to kill the aiptasia but they just seem to come back worse.

Stay persistent and you'll knock them down.

Last edited:

Mike247

kalk paste, peppermint shrimp, berghia nudibranchs

You might need to starve the peppermint shrimp some and no guarantee they will go after the aiptasia. I tried most of the over the counter stuff you can buy to kill the aiptasia but they just seem to come back worse.

Stay persistent and you'll knock them down.

Yea, kalk or pickle lime is what I use with a syringe. Just inject'em then squeeze some in the hole. I'm going to try peppermint shrimp though, just to many this time.

C4DC

Copperband was the only thing that has worked for me. Just need to get one that has been in the store for a while and will eat frozen Mysis. Need to feed them mysis daily as well.