Aiptasia Laser

nanoreef16g

I don't know where else to post this. I know there is a laser I can buy that isn't marketed specifically to kill aiptasia for a good price. Does anyone know what I should look for or even specifically where to buy one?

cooking aiptasia with heat (essentially what you would be doing with the laser) just doesn't sounds like a good idea in a confined space like an aquarium.

I have one (2 watt) I didn't get it for aiptasia. I got it for other reef pests. My opinion is that 2 watts is not enough power. here is the down side for using it for aiptasia ……

1....you will only be able to use it on anything that you have a clear shot at.

2....you must destroy the entire organism...if you leave any, it will regenerate ….

mine cost $100....they are perfectly safe (use proper eye protection)

It's the first laser shown on the link I posted above. Not sure why it doesn't take you directly to it.

They can be great tools. However they must be respected as such. They are not toys.

Please be sure no one else is in the room while using the laser. Reflection of any kind and it could not be a good thing.

The only way someone else can be present is if they are wearing proper glasses for the laser being used. Glasses and lasers come in specific wavelength. They must match!!

A couple hits on your hands or body (your cheek under your glasses) will let you know it's real.

I had an aptasia explosion in my tank last year. I added an aphasia eating file fish and a small copper band. No more aptasia. None. The file fish has also pruned my Xenia.

Back