aiptasia question

meklo_h2o

I have what I believe to an aiptasia anenome. Are they nocturnal? because mine only opens at night and responds to light, via a flashlight. I haven't really been concerned about removing it because it hasn't caused me any trouble.

Meklo

I doubt it's Aiptasia. They don't withdraw from light, IME. The animal might be some sort of worm, though.

Re: aiptasia question

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7517305#post7517305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by meklo_h2o
I have what I believe to an aiptasia anenome. Are they nocturnal? because mine only opens at night and responds to light, via a flashlight. I haven't really been concerned about removing it because it hasn't caused me any trouble.

Meklo

If it turns out to be aiptasia I would worry alittle.
1 turns into 2
2 turn into 4
4 turn into 8
and so on....

Pics will help

I had a glass anemone/aiptasia not sure which technically, but I never saw it during the day. When I turned on the room lights at night I would see it. Its up to you whether you nuke it or not, might not be a bad idea though.

It doesn't really withdraw from the light. It will respond to it though. I shined a flashed on it from the side of my tank and it turned toward the light. It didn't close up.

Meklo

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

I haven't really been concerned about removing it because it hasn't caused me any trouble.

not yet......

Back