Aiptasia wanted - will trade with better rock, etc

Anthony Calfo

Cheers, all

Looking for Aiptasia and willing to do whatever is convenient for you to acquire them. If you don't care for the live rock you have (infested with Aiptasia) then I can trade you Aiptasia free live rock (I have a range of shapes and sizes on hand. I condition it to grow strong corallines too when time allows).

Or if the Aips are on prized rock, I will help you extricate them fairly easily (there are some tricks to do without mauling the rock).

Or if the Aips are on glass, macroalgae, etc I appreciate a donation or trade.

Just let me know if you are interested and able to supply.

With kindest regards, Anth-

PS - believe it or not... I am growing these in my greenhouse to supply Berghia breeders!

where are you located? Pm me about how much rock or money you would what for your services or a Berghia. I have tons of aptasia that will not die!

I'm in Pittsburgh, my friend. I have a lot of live rock presently to trade with too. Some unique and good shapes, but not much strong coralline presently. It will be 2-4 months before I spur the corallines significantly again.

I also have some XL show pieces of dry rock, FWIW. I'm not looking for any money to help remove the Aiptasia. I just appreciate a mutual trade of services/Aips that make us both happy.

I have a bunch. I live in churchill about 5 mins from Elmers. A lot of the rock is bare and can be traded. Let me know

I was going to be moving much of my rock into a new 90gal. tank i'm setting up. So it whould be quite convienient to just use new rock all-together. I tried to pm you my phone number but your settings will not alow me to. So feel free to e-mail or pm me instead.

Anythony - I am getting ready to tear down my office tank due to atips and mojo infestation. They are on rock,corals, glass, etc. NO "prized rock - so live rock in trade would be nice. My office is in Wexford.

Anthony, after your done with Acer, come up to Butler, I have an infestation as well in a holding tank. Maybe 150lbs. worth. All classic Aips, none of the "cool" pests Ted has. LOL Trade in Rock is just fine.

Have not heard from Anthony-has anybody else. I don't want kill all these "wonderful" atips/MOjo's that i have if he can use them.

wow, my friends! I am sorry I missed these posts. I only just now got my first email notification. I'm not sure if my spam filter ate the others or what happened. I will go turn on my pm function now. I regret leaving it off, but some folks had been abusing it... asking for free advice which I am happy to give, but I just request such exchanges be conducted in the public forum for RC so that more people benefit (and can help/contribute) to the exchange than just 2 people. A few bad apples ignored the request and somehow felt entitled to have a free private consultant on hand :)

Anyone interested in the Aptasia harvesting please PM me your stats (tank size/rock qty, general location).

Much obliged for your interest!

kindly, Anth-

So after you're done with those two, I have a few if you would still need any. They're in the sump, so kinda easy to get to. They're aren't many, at least nothing like these guys seem to have.

I can supply you with a few large vermitid's though if you want.

Cheers, Misled. Thank you for the offer. I will always need more Aiptasia, my friend. The culture of Berghia is rate limited by the amount of Aiptasia one has. Would you PM me when you have the time and let me know were you are at? Kindly, Anth-

Anthony, I have a lot of aiptasia in the refuge part of my sump. Several in my chaeto and many on the rocks. Im in Cincinnati not sure if u come this way often but let me know. Steve

Wish I Knew you a year ago, my rocks had so many... you couldn't tell that they were rocks! Spent $300 getting rid of them!

Hey, Steve

Thanks so much. I'm not sure how soon I can swing over to Cinci. I will be over in Columbus soon for CORA though. Still working out the details. How soon would you need to eradicate them?

Mcckibben - i appreciate the thought, my friend.

Anthony I am not in a huge hurry. I actaully dont mind them in the refuge esp. after reading your book about their filtering benifits. Anyhow I am only an hour maybe hour and half from Columbus. Just let me know when and if I cn help.

Hmm.. maybe that is why I was able to run this setup without a skimmer and it still flourished. The atips are doing all the filtering, I will have to get the skimmer back up after Anthony takes them all away. Anthony you have a PM - see you Saturday.

Well- Anthony and I tore-up my office tank and it turns out I had NO atips. Only a massive amount of MOJO's- both light ugly brown and pretty green ones. I thought the brown ones were atips and the green ones were Mojo's - out of ignorance. Apparently , that is a common mistake. Anyhow- we spent 2.5 hours scraping ( mostly Anthony) them off my walls, my corals, etc. and we exchanges rock. Wow, I have a new tank. Cant thank you enough Anthony- you are a gentleman and a scholar. Enjoyed the conversation as well as all the new rock.

Back