Aiptasia

Iguana79

I Just Kalk The Hell out of some Aiptasia, About Ohh. 4-5 Of Them little pest. Question is. I used about a Tablespoon of Kalk mix with HOT water. I have done this before but i didn't have anything in my tank besides the rock and them pest. I have A BTA, 2 Maroon Clowns, An Open Brain, A Fairy Wrasse And Some Soft Poylps. Do I need to Do a Water Change? Or Will That Much Kalk Really Not Do Nothen? Please Let Me Know!

Thanks!

bertoni

Premium Member
I'd measure the pH and work from there. The kalk will also add some calcium and alkalinity to the system, so I'd check alkalinity and adjust any dosing, if needed.

kau_cinta_ku

what is your pH reading. kalk will really make that bounce high if used to much alsong with alk. but as long as your pH is fine then no need to worry.

bertoni

Premium Member
I don't think that's high enough to be a problem. If you're worried or the animals are showing signs of trouble, a bit of seltzer water will bring down the pH.

Iguana79

Alright Thanks Guys!. I Did a 10% Water Change Anyways. Was suppose to do it yesterday, but was busy. So this was a good excuse =) And all the Aiptasia are small. Last time i did this. they just shriveled and died.
Thanks again for the Fast respones!!

marioensf

Had many of them, came with a large piece of LR with beautifull xenia that I had to drive 1:20 mins each way to buy from a reefer up in Cotati, north of San Francisco. Later the xenia got caught in one stupid power head and died leaving a heavy stench at my home; anyway, had the outbreak, tried to get some bergia nudis but no luck or too expensive (shiping, not the nudis) ended up killing the bigger ones with STOP AIPTASIA and for $40 bucks an army of pepermint shrimp. Tank is clear of those anemones.
They are nice to look at if you don't know (I didn't) but if you chop one up, most likey will reproduce somewhere else whatever remainings float free in the water. Cheap solution pepermints and for the larger ones inject them right in the center and or cover the crevice in the rock they retrieve into, worked for me.