Algae Scrapers - Keep them in or take them out?

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
So I’m one where I’ve been leaving my Flipper scraper in my tank, however I noticed when I move it between tanks, it has a horrendous fishy smell when removed from the water. So I’ve been thinking of taking it out, bleaching it and letting it air out and dry and then just put it in the tank when I need to use it.

So I ask, do you keep yours in your tank or take it out and let it dry out. Is there anything wrong with keeping it in the tank?

So I’m one where I’ve been leaving my Flipper scraper in my tank, however I noticed when I move it between tanks, it has a horrendous fishy smell when removed from the water. So I’ve been thinking of taking it out, bleaching it and letting it air out and dry and then just put it in the tank when I need to use it.

So I ask, do you keep yours in your tank or take it out and let it dry out. Is there anything wrong with keeping it in the tank?
I have a "Flipper," which I love. I take it out after each cleaning and dry the pad.

Kevin

I leave mine in, usually in one of the back corners of the tank. It has a nice crust of coralline on it so it blends in nicely. Sometime I see fish using it to block the flow and take a rest around it too.

Thanks! I took mine out just to clean it and used a bit of dawn, those soap suds were green. I think I’m going to leave it in and do the occasional cleaning

Back