Algagen LFP coming to Bird Rd.

MrBrightside

Was at one local spot wont say which one and overheard the owner saying they were starting algagens live feed program. Now, I don't know how many of you feed live but anyone who has tried it, without over doing it, can immediately see how beneficial this is. I grow my own but if my ears serve me right I think he said $10 for 16oz? It might be worth it for me to switch and have one less chore to do. And its from a reputable source so I don't have to worry too much about quality and freshness.

miguels always been my source for phyto and rotis great polyp extension when I dose his product . phyto is 10.00 for 2liter bottle worth located near bird road

miguels always been my source for phyto and rotis great polyp extension when I dose his product . phyto is 10.00 for 2liter bottle worth located near bird road

I love Miguel and Xiomara and have been dealing with them for years but still there's nothing like having a reputable source that specializes in growing plankton. Its like if you went to algagen to buy designer clowns because they sell them cheaper when you know who the 3 best sources for designers are, one of them being Miguel. But anyway, its just a peace of mind thing.

Hint: its the nice and clean one lol

That's great the lfs is carrying it. I would still prefer Miguel's phyto and rotifers :)

If they weren't available, then I'd go down the street to whatever store on bird.

That's great the lfs is carrying it. I would still prefer Miguel's phyto and rotifers :)

If they weren't available, then I'd go down the street to whatever store on bird.

You prefer his why? I understand the price thing but I also understand how easy it can be to mess this up.

Besides, I'm a firm believer in supporting our local fish stores, most of all here in Miami because if not we would be stuck paying outrageous prices like probably 80% of hobbyist. Just my two cents.

Hint: its the nice and clean one lol

??

21oy.jpg

You prefer his why? I understand the price thing but I also understand how easy it can be to mess this up.

Besides, I'm a firm believer in supporting our local fish stores, most of all here in Miami because if not we would be stuck paying outrageous prices like probably 80% of hobbyist. Just my two cents.

Miguel uses his phyto and rotifers to ensure he is growing and maintaining healthy fry. They take pride in everything they do. I may have read your prior post wrong. But it almost seemed as though you insinuate their phyto and rotifers are dirty. Everyone I've known pretty much grow them the same way. The difference can usually be in densities. And when I've gotten rotifers, they strain them out and use clean water to rinse rinse them in the container. Again maybe I misunderstood your comment. Regardless, I know where and how their product is "manufactured". Anyone that has met Miguel and toured his place, knows he would never feed junk to his fish. At the end of the day, It's a personal preference and I would prefer to buy those items from Miguel. Just as I would prefer to buy certain other goods from specific stores when I have the option. If I was in the area, and Miguel wasn't an option, sure id probably go to what ever lfs you are teasing people with :)

I am happy to hear there are stores that aren't afraid to try different things. It's great they are offering hobbyist a fresh product versus one that may be dead because the store forgot to leave the tops open. Anyhow enough of my ranting. What store will be carrying this?

Was talking to Dr. G at Reefapalooza and supposedly the concentration with Algagen is half of his density hence the difference in price. I have no experience with Algaegen at all.

I've tried Miguel's too and his density is really concentrated, but it didn't last long in the bottle before they died and really couldn't use the two liter bottle fast enough in my size tank. Maybe diluting it will be the answer I don't know.

Miguel uses his phyto and rotifers to ensure he is growing and maintaining healthy fry.

I've yet to meet Miguel. However, anyone growing larval fish the quantity and quality Miguel is reported to, by default has to be growing excellent quality phyto and rotifers. Larval marine fish culture requires high quality nutrition, which means growing high quality phyto to feed your microfoods (aka rotifers and copepods).

I've yet to meet Miguel. However, anyone growing larval fish the quantity and quality Miguel is reported to, by default has to be growing excellent quality phyto and rotifers. Larval marine fish culture requires high quality nutrition, which means growing high quality phyto to feed your microfoods (aka rotifers and copepods).

Bill. Do yourself a favor and go see Miguel. As involved as you are in marine life you will live it! I have been using his stuff for a few years now. In the past I would even maintain and grow my own using his stuff as a seed. He does sometimes run out or doesn't sell as he needs it for his fry. I have seen the and used a little of the algagen product and it is also good stuff. What's important here is that more people will be doing the right thing for their systems by feeding live instead of bottled stuff that sits on the shelf for a year. What we need to think about is what does our livestock want/need/like to eat. I have found my sps like Rotifera I did not feed much phyto to them. I used the phyto to feed the Rotifera but phyto is good for filter feeders. So the question is not who has the best. It's how do we use this for the benefit of our livestock. By the way live food does not add po4 and nitrates like dry or frozen as what's not eaten either lives or gets skimmed

Was talking to Dr. G at Reefapalooza and supposedly the concentration with Algagen is half of his density hence the difference in price. I have no experience with Algaegen at all.

I've tried Miguel's too and his density is really concentrated, but it didn't last long in the bottle before they died and really couldn't use the two liter bottle fast enough in my size tank. Maybe diluting it will be the answer I don't know.

Again, I wasnt talking down on Miguel. I personally know Miguel and deal with him, I have also helped him on a few occasions when his back wasn't feeling so good, so I know his procedures, I adopted many of his methods with added tweaks. His products are good and he knows his stuff.

Dr. G on the other hand is a joke. Have you ever looked through one of his copepod bottles? Not to mention if they sit on the shelf for more than a week, it sits on the shelf for more than a week, there's no replacing with a fresh supply. That's all I gotta say.

And sorry about the "tease" I wasn't sure on the rules and didn't want to get called out by a mod for mentioning a business that's not a sponsor on RC. Yes, its the one pictured above.

And sorry about the "tease" I wasn't sure on the rules and didn't want to get called out by a mod for mentioning a business that's not a sponsor on RC. Yes, its the one pictured above.

The only time mentioning a business is a problem is if you are involved with the business (other than just a plain old customer), or it's one of a handful of business that have shilled themselves so heavily, despite repeated warnings and bannings, that RC has been left with no choice but to ban mention of them...in which case a mod would simply PM you to let you know the story.

The only time mentioning a business is a problem is if you are involved with the business (other than just a plain old customer), or it's one of a handful of business that have shilled themselves so heavily, despite repeated warnings and bannings, that RC has been left with no choice but to ban mention of them...in which case a mod would simply PM you to let you know the story.

Yeah, I wasn't sure since its not even on the FMAS LFS Finder and its been there for a few years I'm sure. Ocean View Aquariums on 78th ave and Bird Rd for any who haven't been its worth a look. They have ReefSavvy tanks and a very clean look although not very big.

Yeah, I wasn't sure since its not even on the FMAS LFS Finder and its been there for a few years I'm sure. Ocean View Aquariums on 78th ave and Bird Rd for any who haven't been its worth a look. They have ReefSavvy tanks and a very clean look although not very big.

The lfs finder is old and needs to be redone. The guy that managed it for us is no longer involved with the club.

Ocean view is top notch. Definitely one of the nicer looking stores.

Back