alge

newbiebob

ok guys my tanks look like a damn meadow long stuff short stuff stuff full of bubbles tanks are about 6 weeks old now and they look sh*te what can one do help please

Probably a few weeks. If you don't have corals you can cut down on your photo period. If you are using tap water STOP, rinse frozen foods, and feed dry foods that do not contain phosphate. If phosphate is high you may need to use a phosphate reducer.

:fish1:

ok guys i am using ro water now running phosphate remover for 6 days now but still it grows grows grows and grows now getting worried about corals as its growing onto them aswell all i do is pick as much out as i can well atleast it looks better than my garden lol

Hmm, I would do some hand-pruning and look into a refugium. Your description sounds like the tank has far too many nutrients in the water.

jonathan where do you think the nutriants would be comming from as my 3 tanks all look the same one is an 8 gallon one a 17 gallon the other is 79 gallon ? any ideas

well that explains alot thanx jonathan hopefully my phosphate remover will start to show sings of doing its job so for now its happy gardening lol. fish have not been in any of the tanks long only 2 weeks ang this problem started before then so over feeding is rulled out . i wonder if its my actual water i am using a ro unit but when my tank was set up as freshwater trops my plants grew like anything what a battle that was to keep that lot under control so not sure exactly but maybe the ro unit is not taking every thing out it needs to but then do trop plants use phosphate ?? what do i no i just love all things in the water

The seawater algae use phosphate, etc, from the water column. It might be worth getting a phosphate test kit and seeing how the RO water measures up. An add-on DI cartridge might help.

Back