Alkalinity HIGH!!!!

bustayanky

Hey guys,
I need help with my alkalinity. I just got the Elos Test kit and did everything exactly as it states. My alkalinity is at 15-16 dKH. How would i go about lowering it? My parameters are as follows: Magnesium: 1200 and Calcium: 400. Let me know and thanks in advance!

WILL

water changes, and stop dosing alk, if you have some Calcium, dose it as it will bring down your alk. helped on mine when i had a spiike of 16 dkh before. It was nice meeting you today, Will right? hows that sps doing. lol i thought it was funny how you walked out then came back in all of a sudden lol

check your mag too, if it is low add and it will add in si the system to use the allk. I had the sam happen to me with my reactor. it took me a month to get it down to 10 DKH. do water changes but like reefski"s said do it slow.

on the kh card in the box does it say 1=0.5dkh? If so, your kh would be 7.5-8. There are a few with instruction sheets that have a typo but the card is correct and other parts of the instruction sheet is correct as well.

I used it 2 time and it was down to .15 way better then .53 when you tested it...:) it really works thanks....

when you coming by?

Last edited:
Back