All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9620496#post9620496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by theop
Probably a stomatella, which is harmless type of snail with a flat shell. They spawn all the time in my tank and it looks like the puff of smoke that you describe.

That was my guess as well, ya beat me to it. :)

-Sonja

the tanks at the AC are full of those Dave. they are great to have. i got a few from there when i got those Hair worms. :)

well maybe him or her got lucky this morning because it sure looked like it was puffing away on a smoke

OK, despite all the hard work I've put into it thus far, I am forced to sell off my 40g breeder setup. :( My wife and I are really going to hunker down to save up to buy a home, and every dollar counts. I am located in North Raleigh near I-540 and Capital Blvd, across from the Triangle Town Center Mall. I have the following items available:

-40g Breeder Tank (36x18x16) drilled with bulkheads for closed-loop and overflow. Also has acrylic skimmer box installed. Back is painted navy blue.
-Quiet One 3000 pump already hooked up for closed-loop and running flawlessly. Only about 10 minutes of use on it.
-20g long (30x12x12) sump with two acrylic dividers already installed.
-Custom built pine stand painted semi-gloss black. Stand will hold any size tank up to 90g (48x18 footprint)

I spent close to $500 thus far on tanks, equipment, parts, and lumber, not to mention the countless hours of labor I put into building the stand and doing all the plumbing work. I am willing to cut my losses and sell everything for $400 or best offer. Please PM me if interested in anything. A couple pictures are below. Thanks.

Stand
0007.jpg

Back view of plumbing/sump
0024.jpg

Front view
0026.jpg

I have been able to unload the 20g sump and Quiet One 3000 pump. I'm going to keep the stand and use it for something else in the house. Therefore, the 40g breeder tank with two 1" bulkheads installed is still available. First $100 obo takes it. PM me if interested.

Thank you every one for the warm welcome.

I'm getting quotes (pricing and availability) for building my custom setup from different sources. As much as I enjoyed building my previous systems, this one I'd like to hire someone to do it for me. I'm checking with Aquatic Concepts, FishWorld and DownUnder. Any other places I should talk to?

lol

lol

I've found rock cheaper than 4.00 before... actually, its not uncommon to find it for 2-3.00 a pound. So, to say the only thing cheaper you will find is dead base rock is a little on the absurd side...! I'm not saying that 4.00 a pound is a bad price, its just thats probaly a good price for people who are used to getting ripped at 6-10.00 a pound at the LFS. So, its NOT the only thing besides base rock that can be found for less than 4.00
Another thing- i have found stuff on ebay that is cheap, but its not going to be hand picked. I don't mind that its uncured, since I'm just starting a new tank up.
So, if anyone is offering rock at a good price(better than 4.00), I'm interested.
Thanks!

There is a LFS in the Raleigh area that sells 50# boxes of uncured Fiji rock for $3/lb. But I don't think it's always in stock. It's what I used for my current tank and is a good deal if you don't mind curing it.

:)

:)

Thats what I'm talking about:) I can get it on ebay for 2.10lb., but then shipping is 50.00...
Whats the name of the store? Thanks alot!-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back