All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ron.

They just called me and its going to be thursday. Tomorrow they will give me a better time window but hopefully it works out.

I already got 6 suction cup lifters so I think it should be plenty. Also got some WO40 for you if you want it.

Ryan

oh yea :)

heres some updated pics of my fishroom to celebrate:

the messy plastic tub is temporary marco rock 'curing' or 'soaking' or whatever you call it
fishroom_01.jpg

fishroom_01b.jpg

fishroom_02.jpg

fishroom_03.jpg

fishroom_04.jpg

fishroom_05.jpg

Ryan,

Latest pics look great! Very clean, professional look! Wish I could make it Thursday to help with the move but unfortunately this week stinks. If the shipping company runs into any delays and it ends up being Friday of this week, consider me in.

Also, thanks for the PM with the AFY info. I gave John S. a call this morning and he was pretty straightforward and honest in his answers once I got him on the phone. Bad news is, my tank didn't get done before AFY decided to close their doors and I shouldn't expect delivery of it... ever. So it's back to square one with the builders. Aside from AO, Miracles, and AGE, does anyone else know of a solid glass tank manufacturer? (not going to bother with glasscages as I want several customizations)

I'm very sorry to hear that. It was stressful for me and even tho I lost alot of money to AFY it could have been worse.

im glad you were able to contact the credit card company to dispute this at least. I wasn't so lucky about that part :)

VERY nice set up RyanBrucks. What doser are you using? Can you give me any info or a link?

thanks

It's the profilux dosing pump. I only got 3 pumps for it so theres room to grow. So far I'm using it for Topoff, magnesium chloride dosing, and soon going to get some for strontium too (haven't researched available products yet for that)

http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php?productid=34&cat=35&page=1

the laptop is there to run profiluxcontrol, which makes controlling the profilux and dosing pumps really easy (and gives the profilux wireless access)

Sean,
I thought I had replied to you, but I guess it went to the ether instead.

I haven't used my kalk reactor yet, but I will soon :) So far I've just gotten the ATO working with my optical level sensor, which works really well. If I set the delay to 0 (bad setting for long term use), I can raise and lower the sensor and it almost instantly kicks in.

I don't forsee any issues running it through the kalk reactor, but who knows, right ;)

Anyone have a 75G tank sitting around they want to sell in the Raleigh/Cary area? I'm looking to upgrade from a 55G.

Trading Frags

Trading Frags

Hi. I am looking for someone who would like to trade some sps frags in the Wilmington, NC area. I have a few of them someone might like. Small Pink Lemonade frag needs new home!!
:D

Chris
rhufham@ec.rr.com

What's up everybody.

So I made it through the move okay. Lovin Charlotte and can't wait to get in with the RASOC. I do have a rather large problem that in hindsight I can't believe I didn't realize was going to happen.

I moved the tank and whole setup into the new house and put it against a wall in the den and it looks beautiful. Problem is...the thermostat for the houses heating/ac is on the same wall about two feet from the tank. Everything works fine for most of the day, but when the halides come on...problems start.

With the halides on, the heat from the tank is causing the thermostat to register the houses temp at around 88 degrees and CRANKS the AC the whole time the halides are on. By the time the lights have been on for about three hours, the actual house temp is down to around 55 degrees or so. This in turn is causing the tank temp to severely drop to around 72 to 74, not to mention the power bill that going to be outrageous from the effect.

I'm thinking about adding a few more fans behind the tank canopy and try to blow the heat away from the thermostat and possibly even putting in a digital thermostat for the house that could be programmed to compensate for the difference.

Basically, I just wanted to see if anybody had any ideas to help solve this bonehead problem without tearing the whole system down again and moving it across the room.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
J

You could always contact an HVAC company and have them move the thermostat.

Fans would definitely be the first thing to try. Digital thermostat sounds cool, but might just be overcomplicating a problem that has easier solutions. But sometimes cool is tempting :)

I thought about moving the thermostat, but we're renting the place. (Weren't sure where we were going to be working in the city when we planned the move).

I'm gonna contact the leasing office and see what they say about that...I'm kinda doubtful though.

Hi All,

Anyone have a spare sedra 3500 (for Euro reef skimmer) I could borrow until a new one arrives? mine crapped out yesterday and I dont want to go skimmerless for a week while a new one ships.

I could pick up in Raleigh and surrounding areas, as well as Burlington and Greensboro today.

Thanks

Steve

Just an FYI to local reefers...I have almost a brand new (used less than 20 hours run time) 1/2 HP C-0500 Pacific Coast Chiller I am selling on the Forsale/Trade Forum....at about 65% cost of a new one.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi everyone,

My tank is planned to be delivered in the next couple of weeks, I am looking for someone local who builds acrylic sumps. Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back